ix. unfortunate alliances

1492 England

"They will kill me." Katerina looked through the fireplace as Eliza held her tight and comforted through her tears. "They will kill me, and they will do it in the worst way -"

"Enough Katerina, do not talk of this anymore. I will find a way to keep us safe and together, " Katerina continued sobbing and crying. She held onto her lover. "How?"

"If it is a must, then we will run. Maybe for the rest of our lives, but we will. " He kissed her hair. "I will protect both of us." Now Katerina smiled softly to his words. "You mean three of us?"

"What?"

"I am with child, Eliza." The vampire stopped and looked at Katerina with disbelief. "You can not be carrying my child -"

"When you told me how much you wanted to have a family of your own, and with me, I made a deal with a witch," Eliza frowned. "In the exchange of my blood, she agreed to cast a fertility spell."

"Katerina-"

"You did not like it?" Katerina asked with great worry in her eyes. He, at first, did not look thrilled or happy. He looked confused and anxious. However, momemnt later, a smile cracked upon his lips. He cupped her cheeks and kissed her. "I love you so much,"

Katerina laughed as well. "I love you too,"

-----

"So this is the monster's den, I assume? So Klaus like!" Eliza smirked as they walked through the doors of the glorious Mikaelson family mansion. It was almost the same as he remembered. "You can not expect anything less from the likes of him."

"You mean yourself? Do not act so different. You are all monsters."

"Sure, love. Now, keep walking." Kathrine narrowed her eyes yet obeyed silently as they walked into the garden of the mansion. Katherine took a shaky breath as she saw Elena standing with a graceful smile. "Oh, my lovely girl!" Katherine dropped her bags and ran to Elena. "Katherine, I have missed you so much!"

"I was so worried. Me and Lucy tried everything to find you but that son of a bitch was cloaking you!"

"Language, Katerina!" Elena's eyes widened as she broke their hug. "Eliza?"

"Hello, Elena. I'm glad to see that you are alive." The hybrid and the blonde Original who had just walked into the garden stared at Eliza with shock. Klaus was maybe rather amused than shocked. "What are you doing here?"

"I just wanted to say hi. Haven't you missed me, my lovely lady?" Eliza said, directly looking at Rebekah. "Cannot say I have." Eliza smirked and walked to Rebekah. "I have missed you, though." Katerina watched their exchanged glances and their meaningful stares. So maybe Eliza had someone to keep him accompanied and content. Maybe their few nights. At least Katerina assumed it was just a few, and they were meaningful enough to last them for many lifetimes. Katherine debated if she could compete with this. However, she realized that she was not a competitor in his contest.

"If your flirting is over, do tell Eliza. Why are you here?" Klaus interrupted them kindly enough for them to remain silent. "I am not with Elijah, not anymore. He thinks I have killed Elena and quit."

"Quite selfless, why should I believe a single word you say?" Eliza smirked and tilted his head. "Compel me?"

Klaus raised his eyebrows and smirked in return for the suggestion. "You have grown smarter, dear Eliza. Alright, take your daylight ring off and stand under the sun as long as I say so."

Eliza glared at Klaus yet removed his ring as his pupils dilated. First, the small burns turned into actual fires, and his screams filled their ears. Klaus smirked and nodded his head. "Amazing! You can stop."

Eliza ran to a place away from the sun and hissed as he started to heal. Klaus was, as always, the diabolical and psychotic excuse of a man. Years walked and passed almost for nothing for him. No changes at all. Same faces in different degrees, Eliza hated that side of Niklaus Mikaelson. "You had tons of ways to judge my ability to resist your charms yet, you of course, had to choose the most painful one."

Klaus, with a defying smirk he wore bravely, walked to Eliza and crouched down to his level. "What can I say? I enjoy your suffering." He grabbed his chin as Elena watched him with worry. It was obvious to anyone that Klaus was a dangerous man, but somehow Elena thought it would form as the cause of being in danger. Now, in his home, his town, and full in charge yet, still hurting people. Perhaps he was getting his revenge. Elena stayed quiet with the thought. "Now now," Klaus started to compel Eliza. "Tell me, why are you here?"

Eliza's dilated orbs could not put up a fair fight and gave up inevitably. "To help you protect the doppelgänger and stop Elijah."

"Stop Elijah from what?" Klaus asked impatiently as Eliza drawn deeper into his compulsion. "Stop Elijah from killing the doppelgänger and you."

Klaus took a deep breath as he broke their eye contact. Eliza closed his eyes and blinked several times to understand his surroundings and reconnect with the reality surrounding him. Klaus offered him his help to stand up, which Eliza gladly accepted. "From now on, Eliza, you are my ally. However, never forget this one thing. If you ever cross me or try to make a fool out of me, I will gut you out."

Eliza smirked and nodded. "I would be honoured." And Klaus started to think why he let his brother turn this one into a vampire instead of taking the matter into his own hands and siring Eliza himself. Only to have a lifelong best friend by his side.

a/n: you know shit is bad when i put a/n. Whatever, terribly sorry for late update <3