1 ~ A New Face

edit: I js realized I made some mistakes here and there, but I made sure to change it!

Art above creds: sugizaki ryuuha on ArtStation

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Fugo Pannacotta's POV:

"Hm.." I hum as I finish reading the information in the file, and there are three things that should be the most important.

- Her name is Felicia Lanciare. Her hair is indigo, and her eyes are a dullish shade of gold.

- She, too, is a stand user, and her stand's name is Ragdoll. Like in the name, it converts targets to ragdolls. She is capable of reversing the ability, but the process would be incredibly painful.

- The task is to locate her at the pier and pick her up from a car Bucciratti rented. The only reason for this isn't because she could get captured easily, but due to how Bucciratti himself is busy with something, he can't get her.

I place the car keys in my pocket and exit the villa. It's the evening. I look up and see the stars gleaming in the sky, along with street lights within a few meters away illuminating the area. I walk down the cobblestone path until I find the car at the left and head inside. I placed the car keys in, turned it, and started driving to the pier.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

As I arrive, I close the engine and get out of the car. I looked around the area. It was pretty empty, and no one was around until I noticed a girl standing by the ledge of the pier.

She had short, messy, indigo hair with a side of her bangs slicked back with the other side dangling down her eyes, dullish gold, along with a rose gold outfit.

Perfect, that must be her!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Felicia Lanciare's POV:

Huh... I stare up at the gleaming evening sky with its stars and moon. It's quite a lovely view from here.

But to be frank, it just feels quite mundane. What else am I supposed to do other than stargazing while waiting for Bucciratti to arrive?

Did I.. did I really make the right decision to leave the assassination? Nonsense, if I stayed more, I wouldn't have enough time for mysel..-

My thoughts get cut off as I hear footsteps. For no particular reason, I just ignored the sound, thinking it was just my ears playing tricks on me. That was until I heard a car close.

"You're Felicia Lanciare, are you?"

Said the voice coming from behind. My eyes widened and I quickly shifted around, to notice a figure about 1-3 meters away from me.

"How do you know my name..- who're you? Are you Bucciratti?" I shout as I sharply glared at the silhouette, close enough to take a few steps back but realized that I would fall off of the stone ledge and trip into the water if I did so.

"I'm afraid I'm not. I'm one of his subordinates, Pannacotta Fugo. Bucciratti himself is busy with a mission, so he sent me to pick you up." He explained, taking just a few steps closer towards my direction to approach me, and I pursue my lips until...

The moment the street light shone down the man. I was met with a different face. He had peach blonde hair that reached his nape, dark purple eyes, and a green suit that had holes in it.

He's pretty, but his outfit sure makes him look like swiss cheese.

My eyes shot back up at him, a bit confused but also felt suspicious about him. "Really, and how exactly can I believe you with that statement?" I asked coldly, raised an eyebrow at him. I was still suspicious this man, Fugo, any sooner.

He sighed in annoyance of my distrust, rubbing his temples. "I can assure you that I won't kill you, Ms. Lanciare. Just follow me unless you're quite willing to freeze here. Or even get captured at this evening since you're all by yourself, ma'am" He explained, turning around to face the far. I look at him, my cheeks fuming red in embarrassment to his words. Wanting to calm myself down, I took a deep breath and began to ponder carefully.

Cazzo, he's right... my gut even tells me to listen to him, but I just can't. He could even kill me once my guard is down, and how can I be sure that he's really from Bucciratti's team?

But then again, what other choice do I have? He has a point on that. It is cold out here... Heck, I probably can't just survive all on my own, especially without Lucia..-

Quit that thinking, Felicia! About her... Tsk, she was the reason Diamante had me join Bucciratti's team anyway. But I guess I should just stick with him. I just need to keep my guard up.

And so, I reluctantly accepted his offer. He smiled a bit and lead me to his car. My eyes lowered as it scanned the car, and noticed that it's rental. Guh, that really must be Bucciratti's...

I look back at him, and my eyes slightly squint in confusion. "Erm... what was your name again?" I ask him, hiding my hands behind my back.

"It's Pannacotta Fugo. If you're wondering about the others, I'll be introducing you to the other members of Bucciratti's team." He replied to me as he started the car.

"Hm, alright. Well, I have to say, it's nice to meet you, Pannacotta Fugo."

He chuckled in response, causing me to raise an eyebrow in question. "By all means, you can just call me Fugo."

"Oh! Well, then you can call me Fia. Ms. Lanciare's a bit too formal for my liking." I joke at the end, letting a chuckle escape my lips.

Fugo seemed surprised, yet chuckled in reply hummed, as if his interest had gotten a little piqued at my introduction. "Hmm.. Okay then, Fia." He replied, his eyes offering me a short glance before his attention returned to the road as he drove the car to keep his focus. It seemed like he would keep the name in mind, though.

For approximately the next few minutes, I broke the silence that filled the area, my eyes glued to the road as I ask.

"So, where are we heading to?"

"Libeccio. That's where you'll meet Bucciratti and the others." He replied, and I raised an eyebrow at the name of the location.

Must be a restaurant? Well, I usually don't go to Napoli, so it's reasonable that I'm not quite familiar with the places here. I stare at the window and hummed in response like Fugo did. "Understood."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
...AND THAT COLCLUDES CHAPTER 1! Thanks for reading my new book !! <33 I am so sorry I haven't posted chapter 2 at all! I've recently been to different fandoms, and looking back at this book... I don't know, I felt I had motivation to do it again,

so stay tuned!