Hyunjin punches his future boyfriend in the face

Hyunjin punched him in the face.

... by accident. That was important. Or it would be important, if Hyunjin didn't wish he could punch the annoying bard a second time.

Unfortunately, they were currently caught and bound in the bandits' cave, back to back, and if Hyunjin wanted to break free fast, the knife in his arm guard would also stab the annoying bard in the back. And he had to admit that that annoying mouth was currently the only thing preventing the bandits from slashing their throats and leaving them to bleed out in a ditch.

Fuck.

So Hyunjin lost himself in the memory of the bard's stupid soft cheek on his knuckles, the impact he felt before the bard's head snapped back and he stumbled away. The blood on his teeth when he smiled up at Hyunjin, who had honestly (oh, his past self new nothing) meant to punch the lackey of the village's head who refused to pay him. The space around the bar had been packed, and someone was pushed into the lackey just before Hyunjin hit him.

The annoying bard.

Hyunjin, feeling sorry and embarrassed, had kicked the lackey a few metres away, relishing in the thump of a body against the wall and then the following slump to the floor accompanied with the sudden scared quiet of the room. And then he'd glared at the guys who had been pushing the annoying bard and escorted him out, meaning to apologise. He had not meant for the annoying bard to follow him on the dusty dirt road to the next village and never stop talking.

"You really should let us go, my dudes," the annoying bard laughed – Jisung, oh how Hyunjin wished he didn't know that name – "I mean come on, have you ever seen a man as beautiful as him? It would be a crime to kill us, a crime."

The first that hit Jisung's bruised face after that was deserved, and Hyunjin wished he was the one who did the punching.

"You trespassed into our territory, we will do as we wish," one of the bandits crossed his head and lifted his chin as if he was almighty. For the moment, he was. "We have heard of a witcher with ties to the queen, and we can't let him run to her and tell her about our secret drug ring."

Hyunjin closed his eyes and groaned quietly. Life was just out to get him specifically.

"Ah, we don't kiss and tell," Jisung said, and Hyunjin just knows he's winking and putting on his 'flirting' face. "Wait, Hyunjinnie, you know the queen? Me too!"

Hyunjin wished he could close his ears too. Those were definitely the words the bandits needed to hear right now. Yes. Good thinking there, Jisung.

"Who are you that you know the queen?" Another of the bandits spoke up, walking closer. "Maybe we can exchange your dead remains for money."

Jisung, at least, had nothing to say to that. "Ahaha, a joke, of course! How would I know the queen! Why would he know the queen? He's a witcher, not a witch."

Hyunjin groaned. "The queen and I are on bad terms right now, and I won't tell her about your drug ring because I will kill you all."

Finally, blessed silence. Hyunjin counted his heartbeats and breaths, relaxing his shoulders. Quiet. Nice. Now if only there was a breeze carrying some fresh mountain air.

"Hey," Jisung hissed, "don't encourage them!"

And the room broke in frantic yells and panic as they tried to decide what to do since both their prisoners apparently knew the ruler of the kingdom, except of course if they were lying. Hyunjin sighed.