Forty-One

Kameron
After Alyssa gave birth to our son a year later we broke up and have been coparenting neither one of us cheated she was going through PPD and after talking with my mama I did everything I could to help her but I couldn't. Now Kj is 8 and I'm still single and definitely not looking. Alyssa on the other hand has been wilding since she gave me full custody of Kj.

"Dad mom is here," Kj spoke.

"Alright."

I walked into the living room.

"Wassup Lyssa."

"Can we talk?"

"Yeah Kj can you give me and your mama some time alone please."

"I was about to go practice with grandpa you're still coming out there right."

"Of course I am."

"Okay."

Kj walked over to the front door and closed it then we both sat down.

"So wassup."

"I'm pregnant."

"Congratulations."

"There's a problem."

"And what will that be?"

"We had sex too."

"I know we did and each time I put on a condom."

"So what are you saying?"

"That it's impossible to be the father trust me I checked the condoms before and after for holes and the ones that did have holes in them before I threw them away."

Alyssa face dropped.

"Yeah I knew what you was doing listen what we had was great and we created a handsome son out of it but you left me right after his 1st birthday party. You was not only dealing with PPD but you thought I was smothering you and you wanted space, you said being a relationship and having a family was too much, you gave me full custody of Kj because you wanted to live your life without caring for him 24/7. You wanted all of this so I gave it to you."

"You don't love me anymore?"

"I'll always have love for you you're Kj's mom but in love no I'm not it took me a while to get this way."

"I don't want no bitch around my son."

"You don't even take care of him you only see him on the weekends, or you won't show up and you don't come to none of his games so when I decide to date again yes Kj will meet when I think the time is right."

Alyssa was quiet.

"And let's be very clear I didn't force anything on you when we found out you was pregnant you made the decision to keep him and I agreed with you. It was your body and your choice and you made yours I manned up and handled my business at 16 with a kid on the way."

"You're right."

"Of course I am even though I'm in the NBA I still make time for KJ he come to all of my games with my family. Get your shit together Lyssa now I gotta go and coach our son with his practice."

We both stood up and walked out of the house I closed the door and Alyssa walked towards her car I shook my head she didn't even say bye to Kj.

I walked over to the basketball court seeing a woman talking to Kj.

"Hi I'm Kameron Jr but you can call me Kj."

"Hi KJ I'm Sydney Carter."

"Nice to meet you."

"You're interested in basketball."

"Yeah I want to go to the NBA just like my dad."

"Well if you keep practicing you'll get there."

"Thank you."

"You're welcome."

"Kj come on and get started on dribbling," my dad spoke.

"Yessir."

"And after that I want you to get the weight ball and dribble with both of them," I spoke.

Sydney turned and looked at me with wide eyes.

"You're Kameron Alsina."

"I am."

"Sydney Carter I'm Sasha's twin sister and huge fan," she spoke as she held out her hand.

I shook it.

"Nice to meet you."

"Same to you."

Sasha is Kingston wife. My uncle Mel and auntie Cha ended up buying the lot right next to ours and they extended their lot right on to our property so it's pretty much our own neighborhood at this point.

"Wait a minute you're the head coach at Texas University right."

She smiled.

"I am."

"Okay cool I've seen y'all play y'all are great."

"Thank you."

"You're visiting Sasha," I asked.

"Yeah I am."

"Oh okay so I can assume that you'll be attending tonight's game," I spoke while looking at her.

"Yeah I am."

"Cool."

"Ima go ahead and let you practice with your son he's handsome."

"Thank you."

I walked over to Kj I grabbed the weight basketball and another basketball and showed him how I want him to do it.

After Kj practice I was getting everything ready for tonight there was a knock at the door and Kj walked in.

"Hey dad."

"Yeah," I spoke as I gave him my undivided attention.

"Did I do something wrong?"

"Why you say that?"

"With mama she seems so distant and cold towards him."

I sighed this was what I was afraid of happening.

"Come in and sit."

Kj nodded and walked in and sat down next to me.

"When we found about you we were very young 16 to be exact I had asked your mom what she wanted to do, I never wanted to pressure her to have a baby if that's something she didn't want. She said that she wanted to keep you so I manned up and handled my responsibilities. Everything was fine so I thought up until after your first party. I guess being a mom was too much for her so she broke up with me and left then a week later we was in court and she gave me full custody of you. We agreed to her keeping you every other day and weekend that was okay at first until something in her changed. She stopped coming to get you and lying I thought as she got older she would've changed but she didn't. It's her son it's not you don't you ever think that you're loved and you know that."

"Yessir it's just weird to see all of my cousins with their mom and dad then it's just me and you."

"And that's okay too you're great son and you're a gentleman just like your dad was."

"Yessir."

"Ima have you until I'm no longer breathing on this earth no matter what."

"Yessir."

"Now gone and head and get ready for tonight."

"Yessir I love you dad."

"I love you too soon."

We did our handshake then I kissed his forehead. Never thought that I would be a single father but I am and with the help of my mom, auntie, cousins, sisters, and grandmoms on both sides they are all helping me with Kj making sure that he grow up to be the best man that he can be. If Alyssa don't get her shit together her and Kj will not have a relationship and that's something she'll have to live with.