Nightclub

The manager played the video where Alfred Doyle appeared at the bar and misbehaved with Cara and the latter's face turned red watching the video. "I understand why you disappeared last night." The manager said.

"I am so sorry!" She mumbled.

"It's alright, child!" The manager smiled and Cara looked up at him. It has been so long since anyone called her child, and the five-letter word felt foreign to her ears. "My daughter is around your age. I understand how you must've felt. It shouldn't happen to anyone. I am sorry you faced this!"

Cara's vision blurred and a lone tear escaped from her eyes. "Thank you so much for understanding!" She pressed her lips in a straight line and the manager patted her back.

She sniffled, wiping tears off her cheeks. "Can you please delete this video? I beg you!" She requested. "I don't want this to come out, ever. I don't want my dad to be ashamed of me." She looked at him with doe-like eyes.

"I hope you will understand, sir."

***

Aries walked to the reception and the receptionist's throat went dry watching the walking temptation in her direction. "I want to check the footage of last night." He said in his deep domineering voice, staring at her, and the receptionist gulped as she had to take permission from her superior.

"Sir, I need to take permission from my senior. Please wait in the lounge area." She gestured to one of the servers, but Aries shook his head.

"No! I can't wait. Get me the damn footage," He said in a high pitch and the receptionist was in a tight spot as he was asking for something out of her league.

"Sir, if you could just allow me some time....." She was requesting politely when Aries took out his phone and called the owner of the hotel. He explained the situation to him and handed the phone to the receptionist.

"Yes, sir! I'll do it right now." She ended the call, and gave the phone back to Aries, turning to the server standing near them. "Take Mr Grayson to the security room on the third floor," She said.

The server gestured, and Aries followed his lead. They reached the third floor, and the server opened the door of the security room for Aries.

He impatiently walked inside, dragging out a chair for himself, and sat next to the security personnel. "Show me the footage of last night." He said, crossing his leg, and the security personnel quickly got into action.

Aries's grey eyes were pinned at the screen, looking for that one hint leading him to the woman he kissed last night. "Forward, show me the footage around eleven in the night," He said and the security staff opened another file on his desktop but Aries couldn't figure out anything from the footage.

"Show me the footage of the exit door which leads to the alley behind the hotel." He added impatiently.

The security personnel nodded. "Sir, if you could tell me what exactly you're looking for, I can help you better." He said while Aries's eyes stared at the staff walking around in the footage when the video abruptly stopped playing.

***

"Deleted!" The manager said, deleting her footage from the party, and a smile appeared on Cara's face.

"Thank you so much, sir!" Cara smiled.

"It's no big deal!" He said and Cara stood up to leave.

"I'll take my leave now. It was nice working with you." She shook hands with him and exited.

***

"What's going on?" Aries asked, a deep frown appearing on his face. The security personnel tried playing the video again, but it showed that the source file was deleted.