Cristiano's POV

I couldn't be happier with my little family. It has been a while since Elena and I got married, but it still feels new and fresh, as if everything happened just yesterday. My career is going great and my family is happy and healthy, that's more than I can wish for. After everything that happened, we did have moments where we were looking over our shoulder all the time and I was a bit angry at myself for not realising who was bothering us a lot sooner. I could have protected my family better, but my wife is always there to rationalise my worries and help me understand that I can't blame myself for something like that. Times like those make me realise that I chose the best woman for me. I wake up every day next to her with a smile on my face and I want to make sure that this happiness lasts forever. Seeing Andrés' little waddle, reminds me so much of Junior when he was a toddler and it makes me want more children. Although I haven't told Elena this yet, as I know she is not ready for that yet, and is content with our two boys for now.

I have decided to prepare a date for Elena and myself this weekend, since my mother wants to have her grandsons over for a day or two, and because we haven't really had a chance to go out on a date in so long, both because of me being busy and Elena taking up writing again. I would be the proudest husband if she achieved her dreams. I have probably already mentioned that somewhere, but I don't mind repeating it as much as I can, because it makes me so happy thinking that she could do what she loves and then she won't be so prone to caring about the media and what they think of her. Some reporters even went to her old place of work to try and get her old co-workers to dish out some things about her and our relationship. Thankfully, I knew Elena was the same kind and gentle person she is now and that they had nothing but the best to say about her, and obviously knew her private life should stay private. But that didn't stop me from worrying about her. It has been a point of some arguing between us.

Elena not wanting to be coddled and wanting to stand up for herself, and me trying my hardest for her not to see stuff that could affect her mentally. I know she's strong and I'm so proud of her for it, but if I can prevent her from seeing what the annoying tabloids have written about her, then I'll do it. And when I finally get everything sorted for our date, I'll make sure to let her know once again that my only concern is that she is happy and I just want to protect her. She is so headstrong that it is hard for her to sometimes open up and let me in, because she feels like she is burdening me with her problems and I have to remind her that we are married and we share everything. This date I'm preparing is going to be of the Halloween type, since we are in that season, and I know Elena will love it, since where she's from they don't celebrate it, so I always suggest we have a Halloween date, and we always act like little kids then, and for a while it feels like back when we first started dating.

Although Elena just keeps getting prettier every day, I still sometimes wish I could go back and meet her again, and go through everything with her all over again. I want to finally make her realise that she can always rely on me, and have it be that she never ever has a shadow of a doubt about it. I want her to not even for a second think she could burden me, and just tell me everything that's bothering her. Soon enough it was the weekend, we had just driven the boys over to my mother, they are both always so happy to go to their grandmothers, regardless if it's my mom or Elena's. They get so happy that they will often forget to even wave us goodbye as we are leaving. It always warms my heart, even though sometimes I feel sad that both of their grandfathers are no longer with us to teach them all of the things that I as a father might be lacking. But I know they are with us in spirit, and looking down on us with pride and I hope we can always make them proud.

Elena was still giggling slightly as we were driving back to our home, at how quickly the boys headed over to their grandmother, this time again not even looking back at us before entering the house. It's probably because at home they don't sometimes get their way when they want to spend all night playing games or wanting expensive toys and then not playing with them for more than a few minutes. But their grandma's let them do what they want, and they somehow behave better than at home, not having any silly requests. I grabbed her hand and kissed the back of it, turning her attention to me, as her head leaned onto the headrest, and her gentle eyes looked at me with such a love that it always seems to make me weak in the knees. I told her that she was in for a surprise date and her eyes light up, and she was bouncing up and down like a little girl, an adorable sight to see. I couldn't wait to see her reaction when she sees what I have prepared, I'm sure she will love it. I have all her favorite movies, snacks and drinks, and the rest of the night is all about the two of us, taking the time to relax and enjoy each other.

---***---
Sorry for not posting sooner, I have been really busy, but today is Orthodox Christmas and we have a tradition to do a bit of everything we want today, because the saying is if we start today, we will do it all year. So I'm going to give it my all to make sure I write at least a bit every day, and have chapters out sooner for you guys. If you have any ideas you want to see in the story, comment below and maybe they end up in the story 😄

I know it's not Halloween season anymore but I found the picture above and wanted to include it, since it made me feel warm 😄

Stay beautiful ❤️💋