𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

Abrielle's Pov.

Wishes, hopes, dreams. They were all a scam. You learn that when you see how harsh the world really is.

It's not like they would come true, because I only had one wish, one hope, and one dream.

And it was to be reunited with my family and that was impossible. My parents were dead, dead, dead. As dead as you could get. There was no coming back for them and I knew that.

And then there was my twin brother... He was trying to protect me- he did protect me. But it only led to his downfall. He killed the man who intended on killing me and triggered his curse. It was all my fault. And maybe I should have felt grateful that my brother had saved me but all I felt right now was guilt.

What was I supposed to do now? I was alone. I had no one.

I couldn't trigger my curse. I couldn't end up like my brother and the rest of the pack. I wouldn't let that be my life.

My head felt like it was spinning at the thought. My eyes couldn't stay in one spot. The room was full of too many memories, it felt like the walls were closing in on me.

I shake my head, trying to focus on my train of thought. I needed to hurry up. I managed to escape once but if I didn't pull myself together and get out of here, my family's efforts to keep me alive would all be for nothing. I needed to get out of here before they found me.

I got up from my bed quickly, desperately searching my room for my backpack. I wasn't even thinking, I was just throwing whatever I could find into a bag.

I didn't know where I was going in that moment I just knew that anywhere was safer than New Orleans right now.

I walk down the hall, stopping at the family photo on the wall. I sigh as I lift my hand and it brushed over the happy family photo. The smile that used to permanently rest on my features was now replaced with a scowl and blank expression with tears staining my cheeks. Nothing good ever came from this city. Only pain.

I lift down the photo setting it on the floor exposing the safe that hid behind it.

Luckily enough my family had always been prepared in the instance if everything went south. I twisted the dial entering the combination, hearing a click with every correct digit.
As it opened I quickly stuffed some of the money into my backpack before closing it once again, making sure it was locked and that the picture was put back in its place.

I had to do this. I had to survive. For my family.

I threw my bag over my shoulder and made my way down the stairs trying not to cry as walked past the memories on the walls.

I stop at the door before looking over my shoulder for one last look. And with that, I opened the door and left.

It was dark, yet the streets were as busy as ever. I kept my head down and tried to keep to the shadows. I scanned the area, making sure that I wasn't being followed.

I look around once more, and everything looked clear so I ducked around the corridor. I pulled my phone from my pocket, and quickly unlocked it, pressing on contacts.

I scrolled to the letter S, searching for the right name.
Sanchez, no. Sanders, no. Saxon, no.

There you are. Scott.

I press to dial and press the phone to my ear. I leaned my head against the wall looking up at the starry sky.

The phone rang once, twice, three times until a voice spoke.

"Hello?"

"Clara, thank god"

"Abrielle?"

"Yes, yes it's me, but I don't have time. Where are you?" I answer in a hushed voice.