Chapter 2

((To be quite frank, I didn't expect to get over 300 views on this story in the matter of a week. THANK YALL SOO MUCHHHHH 💓💕💕💙💕💗💗💕💙💞💕💗💙💞💙 This is my very first story, so I hope you grow to enjoy reading it whenever I publish :) ))

The slim creaks of wood plank stairs took you by surprise as you hesitantly crept towards the entrance. Your eyes glued on the door, waiting patiently until it finally creaked open. However, from the corner of your eye, you noticed a peculiar flash through the window. One would only assume the lights outside were the source. However, this dim light slightly quivered as

Through the window, a cloaked man hauling the string to a bow aimed the tip of his arrow towards the Grim Reaper. They hesitantly released the sturdy line of string as the arrow hurled towards the wolf at an alarming rate.

You detected it first and proceeded to do the following quickly. You repositioned the handle of your rapier. Now that the blade stuck out the opposite end, you lifted your arm upward and threw your blade like a spear. You impaled the rapier through the wedged part of the arrow mid-air, retrieving the rapier with a quick tug. Death didn’t seem impressed, but his sudden intrigue behind your safeguarding appeared.

The rest of the Red Claw kicked the door off its frame and barged into the bar. Now you and Death were surrounded by bandits wielding blades and bows with arrows. The Red Claw was a group of humans, as surprising as it sounds. “We are the Red Claw! You’ll give us that wolf or-” they paused, now enraged that neither of them batting an eye. As they drew closer, you wiped away the blood from the previous battle and glared at the hound. “What if I left you here with these guys? Wouldn’t that be fun?”

Death glared back as a response to your foolish attempt to sound comedic, which unfortunately did not get a chuckle out of him. “I normally wouldn’t care, Y/N. However, the only one I have business with is you. Your head is mine, so I won’t allow them to interfere.” Death curled his sickle around your neck, which secreted a small droplet of sweat. It rolled onto the blade as he pulled it away. “But that’ll have to wait. Why don’t we fight together for now? Wouldn’t be fair if you had more energy to spare than me. I like a fair fight, especially when you end up running away afterward” He snickered as the Red Claw sent two men to fight first, as tactless as it seemed. A man in his early 20’s wielding daggers and another in his late 30’s, longsword in hand, both advanced as you both stood back-to-back cautiously.

In a flimsy attempt to pursue the two bipedal animals, the swordsman with the longsword slashed Death in a horizontal arc. However, the hound showed no hesitation to curve his right sickle over the sword and pull the handle out of his hand with his left. Now that one of the men were finally separated from their weapon, Death was eager to uppercut him with his sickle. However, an act like that went against his morals. He is Death, and he only kills if their demise was set by fate. So instead, he used his foot to uppercut the man in the sickle’s stead.

As their brief brawl commenced, the man in front of you attempted to jab their left dagger into your chest. Fortunately, you evaded his swift blade before it could plunge through your flesh. Before he drew back his blade, you took the chance to seize his wrist and jab your fist into his stomach. You temporarily lifted him over your head and hurled him over a table, which split beneath his slim physique.

The articulate animal duo glared over each other’s shoulders for a moment, beholding their opponent’s momentarily insentient bodies limp on the floor. You scoffed in a livid manner, struggling to overlook Death’s boastful glare as he dusted off his cloak and returned his sickles to either waist. Why would he disarm his weapon mid-battle, you may ask? The answer was simple; the Red Claw knew for a fact they couldn’t challenge fairytale creatures who could overthrow their numbers with such ease. As soon as their first two men had fallen, they were eager to flee.

“And I was just starting to have fun” You sighed, wavering your rapier around before sliding it into your belt. However, you found yourself parrying an attack from the cloaked individual himself. ‘This is the right time for me to run away’ You thought to yourself, clenching your fingers around the leg of a chair before tossing it and yourself through a nearby window. As you ran through the woods, ready to equip the weapon attached to your waist, all you could see through the same window were the crimson red eyes of Death taunting you from a distance “Death, my ass”

Meanwhile…

The Red Claw didn’t pout about their recent loss, even if they were seemingly overpowered by such peculiar individuals. Especially the wolf. Without the concept of fairytale creatures, the idea of two animals toppling a group of infamous bandits would seem ludicrous. However, the fact still remains that they exist, much to their dismay. If only there was a way to defeat them. That’s what they originally wished for, until the night it finally happened. Right as they walked out of the bar, unconscious comrades over their shoulders, the Red Claw noticed a large quantity of what seemed like stars, fall from the sky. You noticed them as well, but chose not to investigate. Getting back home was your top priority. As for the group of bandits, curiosity fell over them quickly as they ran towards the source.

Once they arrived, they were disappointed to find measly weapons lying around. Coincidentally, each and every weapon fit their needs. Too bad they weren’t magical… Or so they thought. Suddenly, the weapons gossiped amongst eachother, which bewildered the Red Claw. “Men, we’re finally free!” One of them cheered; a longsword with the equivalent length of a leg. One of the men were eager to lift if from the ground, but envisioned something unusual. It appeared to be memories from a past life. Possibly the life of the voice talking through the weapon.

Shortly after he equipped the blade, the voices they heard from the sword was currently speaking in the man’s head. “What the?! What kind of magic is this?” He asked abruptly, holding his arm up to admire the brilliant craftsmanship, even if it was alive. As the rest of the members hesitantly rearmed themselves, he couldn’t help but ask the question on their minds. “Who are you people- I mean weapons?” Despite pretending to sound chivalrous, they knew exactly what they had become. Even so, they were willing to allow the Red Claw to use them to achieve their own goal. Become the richest men in the world. “In our last lives, we used to be the fiercest bandits in the lands. But some witch turned us into these weapons and sent us here; into the future. Me and my men are willing to let you wield us in exchange for riches beyond belief” The sword proposed, who appreciated their new master when they nodded swiftly. “Good good. Now, we must explain to you all what those visions you saw were. So, this will take a while” They called out in unison, seizing their attention promptly.

“Once we’re done here, nobody will stand in the way of your dreams”