001. pogue life

John B stands on the top of the roof, his feet at the edge. He takes a drink of beer, balancing on one foot.

"That's what? A three story fall to the deck?" Pope questions from where he's standing on the main level. "I give you about a one in three chance of survival.

"Hm." John B licks his pointer finger, holding it up in the air. "Should I do it?"

"Yeah, you should jump. I'll shoot you on the way down." Pope says, aiming a nail gun up at John B.

Zack glances between them from where he sits on the scaffolding with his twin, both drinking their own beers.

"You're gonna shoot me?" John B asks, aiming a finger gun at Pope.

"Yep." Pope nods as John B "shoots" him.

"They're gonna have Japanese toilets with towel warmers." Kie informs as she and Erin walk out of the half built house.

"Of course they are. Why wouldn't they?" JJ remarks.

"Honestly, who wouldn't really want that?" Zack comments.

"This used to be a turtle habitat, but who cares about the turtles, I guess?" Kie says.

"Well, apparently, who needs turtles when you have warm towels?" Erin sarcastically smiles.

"I can't have cold towels." JJ comments.

"Can you please not kill yourself?" Kie questions John B.

"Don't spill that beer." JJ warns.

"Yeah, we're not giving you another one." Zack adds as he downs the rest of his beer.

"Whoa!" John B exclaims as he almost loses balance, the beer can dropping from his hands and crashing onto the ground. "Oh, shit."

"Nice." Zack rolls his eyes.

"Of course you did. Like right when I told you not to." JJ chuckles.

"Smooth." Kie mumbles.

"Perfect timing." Erin mutters.

"A-plus." Pope comments.

"Dumbass." Kie rolls her eyes.

"Hey!" Erin hears a man yell out and looks over the edge with Pope, finding security.

"Hey, uh, security's here." Pope warns. "Let's wrap it up."

"Aw, so soon?" Zack pouts.

"Boys are early today." John B notes.

"All right, Humpy Dumpty, let's roll." JJ says.

"Let's go, boys, E." Kie smirks.

The two Maybanks and Routledge climb down from their spots.

"Gary, is that you?" JJ calls out.

"Come on, quit it." Pope warns.

"JJ, must you always provoke?" Erin inquires.

"Yes." Zack answers for his brother. "What's up, Gary?!" He holds out a peace sign to the man.

"Gary, good to see you, man!" JJ calls out.

"Yeah, you two are just asking for it." Kie laughs.

They break off into a run as they go through the house and go down the stairs.

"Hey, stop!" Gary runs into the building, JJ barely dodging him. "Get 'em! They're coming your way!" He calls out to the other guard.

Erin, Kie, and John B get out as Pope, Zack, and JJ start to run a different direction.