𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘧𝘪𝘷𝘦

CHAPTER FIVE:

SIX YEARS LATER

It wasn't as bright as it usually was in the kingdom called Kings Landing, the streets all around and below the castle that stood tall and proud crowded with people as their chatters could be heard within the markets

It wasn't as bright as it usually was in the kingdom called Kings Landing, the streets all around and below the castle that stood tall and proud crowded with people as their chatters could be heard within the markets. The sounds of the ocean waves crashing against the rocks all around the land could be heard with the occasional wind blowing by in the well known kingdom where the king that ruled all the kingdoms in the realm lived with his wife and their four white haired children. It was early in the afternoon for the civilians living in Kings Landing as they continued to do what they always did in their daily lives.

Six years have went by.

The laughter of children could be heard from the streets beneath the white-grey-ish sky as the sun hid behind the white, fluffy-looking clouds as they ran by the adults all around, playing games with each other. At the sound of roaring, they all looked up to see a beautiful dragon flying above them and high in the sky, stopping their game to watch the creature in awe. None of them seemed to notice the certain princess on her dragon, her white hair blowing around in the wind as she held a smile on her face, the sound of the dragon's wings flapping up and down being heard.

Closing her eyes to enjoy the breeze on her face, a now teenage Y/n Targaryen leaned her head back as she smiled, wishing she could be up here all day. Opening her violet eyes, she looks down at her male dragon, Elric, as it let out a little yet loud roar. Holding the front of the saddle, she guided the creature in the direction of her home, knowing her mother doesn't like it when she goes out riding without even telling her, especially in the condition her father was in. As she neared Red Keep, guards could be seen as they looked up when they heard the dragon.

The maesters stepped back, sticks in their hands in case they needed to tame the dragon as Y/n was moving down towards the ground until Elric's feet thumped against the dirty ground. Without help, the princess hopped down from her dragon, turning to the creature and letting her hand caress his scales as it let out a purring-like sound at her touch. A couple feet away, Ser Harrold Westerling stared at the young teenage princess, watching as she pulled at the finger of her gloves while walking off, remembering the times he'd be here years before she was born and her half sister would be in this position.

"Something on your mind, Ser Harrold?" Y/n calls out in question, noticing he had been looking in her direction with furrowed brows.

"Oh, just remembering something, Princess." Ser Harrold admits.

"And what would that be?" Y/n asks curiously.

Ser Harrold sighs. "You just remind me of your sister."

Y/n raises a brow, stopping in her tracks. "Helaena?"

When he shook his head in response, the teenager had been quick to realize who he was speaking about. Her half sister from their father's first marriage and heir to the Iron Throne, Princess Rhaenyra Targaryen, a sibling she had been rather close to when she was younger. Not saying another word as she bids her goodbyes to the guard, the girl found herself heading back to Red Keep. It didn't take too long until she was venturing in the direction of her mother's chambers when she had reached the castle, having been told that the queen requested her presence.