c. 1

Kalani's POV.

Harlem,NY.

"KALANI GET YOUR LAZY ASS UP AND DO SOMETHING" I heard my mother shout from the kitchen.

I sucked my teeth as I got up, sliding on my crocs.

"Ma what do you want?" I asked pissed off.

"Go run to the store for me" She replied.

"Okay." I said as I rolled my eyes making sure she couldn't see.

"Also watch your mouth" She said as she dug through her purse searching for money.

"Here" she said as she finished going through her purse, handing me a 20 dollar bill.

"Get us some snacks and get me a bag of jolly ranchers" She said.

I just nodded as I grabbed my phone walking out the door.

I loved my mom because she gave birth to me but she really got on my nerves.

After my dad left she acted different.

Like she had no affection towards me or my sister anymore. I started to slowly show the same energy back, I didn't have time to give in to that shit.

As I reached the deli I noticed a lightskin boy with his hair out. We made short eye contact I aint think anything of it cause that's just normal.

As I went to the chip aisle I grabbed my favorite hot chips and some doritos.

I then went to the drink aisle grabbing 2 bottles of water.

I went and grabbed my moms jolly ranchers.

As I finished grabbing everything I went and got in line.

Behind me stood the same lightskin boy.

I felt he was staring at me so I looked to see if he was.

He wasn't.

He was staring at my ass instead.

"You got a staring problem?" I asked.

"Yo who does this bitch think she talking to?" He said looking around as he pointed to me.

"I'm talking to you, lil nigga" I responded.