Pack Night

While Stiles spent the night desperately trying to forget the fact he agreed to wear a diaper just to get Derek to come to pack night, Derek couldn't quit thinking about it.

He's never thought of Stiles as more than an annoying peer he has to put up with, but now? Derek couldn't stop picturing him all babied up.

After all, Stiles agreed to wear diapers if he lost a bet... so he's has to be into it or something right? Why else would someone agree to something so far out like that? Derek doesn't think he's that important to the pack.

Hell he hardly considers himself a member of Scott's weird ragtag pack. No one really cares if he's there or not for one thing. So Stiles wouldn't agree to do something that could ultimately embarrass him just so Derek would go... would he?

As Pack night came to an end, bets were getting counted and Stiles couldn't stay still. Pacing the room but never taking his eyes off his dad as he counted all their paper votes.

"Stiles, dude, I don't think staring hole into your dad will make him count faster," Scott joked noticing just how tense Stile was.

"Yeah, son, it would actually be appreciated if you stopped pacing too. If you don't want me to miscount that is." Sheriff commenting on his behavior too but still trying to keep the mood light.

Stiles immediately sat down beside his dad, the dining chair made loud scraping noises from how fast he pulled it out and sat down.

The sudden noise caused near everyone to quiet down and look at him. He hardly noticed them, hyper focused on the paper his dad was marking his count down on and keeping track of Derek brooding form.

"Jesus, Stiles, you're acting like your life is on the line. What's gotten into you?" His dad had stopped counting and looked at him bewildered.

Unconsciously Stiles had began chewing his nails, an anxious habit of his.

"Yeah it's just for fun, dude. It's not that big of a deal." Someone else commented, it was one of the girls he noted but he didn't care in the moment to figure out which one— his dad had stopped counting.

"Shut up your making him mess up! This can't be wrong," Stiles nerves had caused him to come off more aggressive than he meant to shocking his dad.

"Alright You know what... Stiles go wait in the other room while we finish." His dad pointed towards the couch Derek was sat alone at.

"But—" Melissa cut him off by gently grabbing his arm leading him to the couch.

"You just sit here for a bit, talk to Derek—you two haven't talked all evening— then and we'll come get you both when your dad is done." Melissa smiled a little then walked back into the kitchen.

Derek glanced at him then quietly cleared his throat, no one had talked to him all evening expect to greet him at the door, so he was basically trying to warm up his voice.

"Don't," Stiles glared at him, his face starting to flush.

Derek rolled his eyes, this is what he gets for coming to a pack night, "I'm not going to talk about it. I was just going to say-"

"Something sarcastic I'm sure." Stiles griped and Derek's demeanor started to change from kind-grumpy to just grumpy.

"You're starting to piss me off." He warned Stiles with a glare.

"Oh cause that's so hard to do" Stiles crossed his arms over his chest and huffed.

Derek snapped, suddenly grabbing Stiles by his shirt pulling him close and growling into his ear, "You know I was considering being nice and taking back my conditions..." Derek paused as kitchen, where everyone else had gathered after Stiles's little moment, erupted in some cheers and some complaining then he continued, "but now? I don't think I will."

Derek let go of his shirt and walked into the kitchen with a different-still grumpy-look on his face hoping the others wouldn't catch on.

"Stiles the count is done! Guess who lost!" Malia hollered from the kitchen. "You, me, Liam—"

Stiles didn't hear the rest of the names.

All he knew was he lost. Both bets. And probably what remained of his dignity.
Why couldn't he just keep his mouth shut??