Chapter 2 - An unpleasant truth

Time flew by...I've wasted time reading books and playing games on my phone. I suddenly heard a noise coming from the library. It was 4 PM, and I still have to wait for a few more hours for mother to arrive. I left my phone on my bed and went downstairs to the living room. I looked around and noticed a glowing dark red light coming from one of the books. I headed towards the glowing light. I picked up the book where the light was glowing from. I don't think I've read this yet...The cover was a bit dusty, I couldn't see its title. I gently dusted off the cover. "YUREI" Is what the title is. The text was bright gold, and the background of it is a light shade of maroon mixed with black. The light started glowing brighter and brighter. For some reason, I can feel a vigorous sense of power coming from this book...I gently opened the book...suddenly the pages started flipping by themselves.

***

"So it started now huh...?" I asked. "I suppose so." My assistant replied. Haha...my daughter, Ayuna will receive a beautiful gift for her birthday today...I said with a smile. My daughter had always been a clever child, after all, those kids that bully her don't have common sense...it's pure irony! Honestly, it's sometimes a pain to get her gift to be obedient... haha! So hopefully...she'll train her gift well. That book will just get her veins prepared. "Are you sure it's a good idea to give that thing as her gift? Don't you think it's too much for her to handle? It is the ruler of all spirits after all...and you know that thing's personality..." My assistant says with a concerned expression. "It will be fine. My daughter is special y'know?" I replied with a smile while holding a glass of wine in my left hand.

However...there might also be an issue. I am not sure if my daughter is strong enough to survive that thing's power. But I believe in her. I hope she likes her gift! I said with a smile once more. One day...she will grow to be the ruler of all ultimate spiritual users. Oh, it excites me just thinking about it! She will grow up to be just like me! 

***

I suddenly felt a rush of adrenaline through my body. It was like my blood was going to explode! I could see my veins popping up from my skin. The book fell to the ground with the pages still flipping. My veins started glowing. What the heck is going on?! Am...am I going to die...? I then felt a sharp pain in my heart. My whole vision started becoming blurry. I fell to the ground, aggressively grabbing my chest. Of course...I never once experienced freedom. I never experienced a day without pain. But this was probably the most painful feeling I have ever felt. How long will this pain last...? Why can't I experience freedom from despair? When will I ever experience hope? As I was seeing my life flash before my eyes, everything suddenly turned black. I became unconscious. Was I going to die?

Of course...it was always misery I felt every day. I never smiled once in my life. It was always despairing time and time again. Mother was the only person there for me. But her love for me wasn't enough to make me feel hope. Because every day, at school despair would come back to bite me. Then...I heard the sound of her. Mother called my name, telling me to wake up. I hesitantly opened my eyes. I woke up in my room, laying on my comfortable bed. "Oh, you're finally awake my child!" Mother said with a sweet smile on her face. I looked at my alarm clock, it was already 9 PM. I've been unconscious for that long..."I found you unconscious in the living room dear...what had happened?" Mother asked with a worried expression. I wanted to respond but...I couldn't remember what happened. I don't remember how I ended up being unconscious. I don't remember anything..."I don't...remember..." I replied while looking into my mother's eyes as she brushes through my hair with her slim fingers. "Oh well, that's a shame then... it's alright, don't try to remember too hard. You need to rest your mind." She says with a smile again. Mother always had this sweet aura around her. It always made me feel calm and safe. Her smile was the only thing that made my day.