THE MURDER IN THE CAR

At almost midnight, Soo Jae reached home, had dinner while I told him how Lee Yoon Ah is still alive and that she actually seems to be the murder.

"I sent the team for Jung Ji Rin's protection__" Soo Jae was just telling and I got mad even before he could finish his sentence.

"Protection!? You should've issued a warrant to arrest her!" I protested.

"We were about to that and we had enough proof for it, but, Ji Rin is the daughter of a very big politician and, you can understand the rest."

"You know this thing called 'law' is getting on my nerves and you know why? Because we talk about criminals being dealt according to the 'law' and, this is the law that is being sold!?" I got madder. "Why else would've Yoon Ah decided to hide from the world? Because she knew if something happens to her again the 'law and justice' will not be there to protect her!" I said sarcastically.

Soo Jae had nothing to say as everything was clear. This world is very unjust for the poor and the helpless.

The next morning, I woke up. Soo Jae was already gone to the station. It was around 11 am, I switched the TV on to check the current updates.

"He said he sent the team for her protection!" I jumped out of my chair. "And she got killed too?" I reacted unbelievably. I was kind of satisfied that Lee Yoon Ah killed Ji Rin but on the other side it was getting out of hand, well it never was in hand anyway. I knew the place of murder as it was on TV, so I drove there immediately.

Covered with police and 'crime scene do not enter' tags, the crime scene looked dense.

"Did you get her?" I asked Soo Jae.

"Of course not! She is far more clever then we imagined." Soo Jae replied disappointed.

"Not even a single trace?"

"Nope." Soo Jae shook his head.

"How did it happen? I mean, I thought you sent your team for her protection?" I asked curiously.

"Ji Rin was dominating and stupid! We told her that her life is in danger and stopped her from going anywhere without the police, but she didn't listen." He said madly. "Her car's wheel got splat and she had an important meeting to go to, she didn't listen and sat in a taxi and left. The driver was her death, Lee Yoon Ah."

"Is it confirmed?" I asked to avoid complications for report purposes.

"The taxi driver seemed to be a girl. Nobody knows what happened, just that Ji Rin's neck got sliced." Soo Jae sighed.

"She's not taking any chances, I mean, she only goes to kill by the neck." I thought. "What are you going to do now?"

"Find Kang Tae Suk."

"You guys better hurry up because, Yoon Ah seems to be a few hundred steps ahead of us." I chuckled.

"Tae Suk is always hiding! Do you think it will be easy to find him?" he asked me annoyed.

"Well a criminal and a thief he is after all!" I said sarcastically.

PROLOGUE

It was day time. A purple, long and wavy haired lady in her mid-twenties, with a beautiful smiling face and glasses, greeted the CEO of a Law Firm. "Hello!"

"Welcome!" The CEO smiled and started the interview.

"Jeong Chan, right?" He started.

"Yes!" Jeong Chan seemed very eager to join that firm and looked pretty confident that she'll get in no matter what happens.

"You did your LLM from King's Collage London and you have a pretty impressive CV. 'You are devoted to your job and never gives up until it's done'... Your CV makes you look good." He smiled. "Well, why did you come to Korea?"

"It's where my parents lived. They've always wanted me to join this firm!" she said enthusiastically.

"Is this why you want to join this firm?" the interviewer asked.

"Maybe. But, providing law and justice to the poor, helpless and needy has always been my dream."

"And what makes you think 'the poor and the needy' are the only ones that need justice?"

"When was the last time you saw a rich person with tons of connections struggling for justice?" narrowing her eyes, she asked.

The CEO was quiet and was impressed.

"What if poor people who come to you are corrupt too?" he assumed.

She looked sad. "They are corrupt because of the rich people. Poor's innocence and rich's selfishness is what makes the poor rebellious." She stopped. "Poor people you say, right. They don't have connections, their rights are being seized, so is their property, they don't get paid as much as they deserve and they are literally being bullied by their bosses aka 'the rich'. Don't you think they try to fight for themselves? They do. What they get in result is just a 'sorry', 'can't help because the ones you are against are big people' and 'you don't have much evidence' from the police or the lawyers." She stopped to catch her breath.

"What will you do to make it right?" the interviewer asked.

"I'll screw 'the rich' and make them pay for their wrongdoings." She said sassily.

"And will you do it if I stop you even if you are right?" he asked curiously.

"I'll screw you too!" she smirked at him.

The interviewer was pretty impressed. Jeong Chan's CV was admirable as she studied abroad and also her short but impressive interview made the CEO easily let her in the firm as an attorney.

EPILOGUE

The culprit had eyes on Ji Rin; the woman who seized their father's house for a long time. They planned everything according to Ji Rin's schedule, even the other murders were calculated. That big meeting that was very important to her. The culprit knew that Ji Rin would either die than to miss that meeting, so decided to kill her on the way. The police was there, so the culprit made her leave the police by splatting her and police's car tires. They then booked a taxi and deliberately went where Ji Rin and the police were and let her in the taxi. On their way, the culprit stopped the car and killed Ji Rin by slitting her throat leaving the knife behind.

Again the culprit enjoyed their victory in front of the TV and grinned.