Chapter 3

Without realising she had spent the night at his place. Woken up to a delicious aroma. She got up and went to the dining room.

"What is breakfast?" She asked, before taking a seat.

A glass had clattered in the kitchen when he heard her ask and then suddenly screamed on the top of her lungs.

"I AM SO SORRY. I WILL NOT DISTURB YOU. I AM REALLY SORRY! PLEASE! FORGIVE ME! I'LL...I'LL GO FRESHEN UP."

She had curled herself in the corner of the room, covering herself as much as possible. Waiting for some kind of impact.

"Are- everything is fine. It's ok. You aren't where you think you are." Malvin softly, calculative with his words and actions, spoke. He tried going near her but all he got in return was intensive screams and sobbing. She slowly crawled to the nearest wall and shut her ears.

He went back into the kitchen and turned off the stove. He had removed his apron and returned with his hands unarmed and sat in front of her with a safe distance. He didn't want to startle or frighten her.

After clutching onto herself too tightly she felt her cheeks bleed and the pain sink in. She felt her head throb and slowly tried opening her forcefully shut eyes, that now hurt too. She expected a room full of broken glasses, crying children, an angry father and a begging mother. On the contrary all she saw was a very white room, a man sitting down as he bit his finger nails, anxiously. He was looking all around the place but her. He seemed equally frightened of the situation.

"This-this isn't home." She managed, meekly.

Finally his gaze landed on her as he frantically answered. "N-no. It isn't."

They both sat in silence for a while. Not talking or asking anything.

"I-i am making p-pasta." he finally broke the silence.

"Oh."

"I h-have work today." he continued.

"Okay."

"I'll continue making breakfast. You can go freshen up. I have placed a new toothbrush, unopened, in the washroom for you." he mentioned, before getting up and entering the kitchen.

She got up and went to the washroom as instructed and found the brush. She freshened up and was welcomed with a warm bowl of pasta. He was already finishing his meal. She sat herself down, opposite to him and stared at the bowl for a while.

"Should I leave today? Before you return?" she asked.

"Do you want to?" was all he asked.