ONE, THANKSGIVING IS OVERRATED

CHAPTER ONE❛ thanksgiving is overrated ❜

CHAPTER ONE
❛ thanksgiving is overrated ❜

SKYLER TOSSED AND TURNED IN BED, HER BODY WAS SWEATING AND HER
blue silk sheets didn't help, causing the heat to get worse and her skin became moist and sticky. she groaned with each of her movement, whimpering here and there. "mom" she muttered lowly as she changed her position in bed once again.

"my sister was full of love and light. There was not one ill bone in her body , she cared for others , sometimes more than reciprocated but she didn't mind, because that was the kind of person she was. she was young and made mistakes, fell in love with who she thought was the right guy and who turned out to be the wrong one but we will never judge, because there was nothing , nothing . that my sister couldn't have gotten through. she herself could have fought longer , but she was tired. and surrendered.." Jennifer said as she stood up front , reading the words off of the paper she written her speech on. She held together her words, trying not to choke in front of everyone and burst into tears, the last thing anyone needed .

She glanced every once in a while to look at the medium crowd before her , Elizabeth's family and friends sat in their seats all in black , some crying, some emotionless. Skyler sat in the front staring at the ground. her eyes were puffy and red and her hands intertwined together sitting on her lap. she would look at the picture beside the casket of her mother before her smoking and obesity.