Chapter 1 - Variation

Narrator Rick: Previously on Rick and *burrrp* Morty. By the way I'm a narrator now. Narrator Riiiiick for the win! Watch the video to get caught up.

Morty: You know Rick, I think maybe people know where we left off. Isn't that why they...

Narrator Rick: shut up Morty I'm narrating now. Full disclosure Morty I don't give a shit about storytelling but somebody is writing and I'm compelled to narrate.

Morty: Sure thing Rick

Rick: Aaaanywaaay the computer shows that Rick Prime is in thousands of dimensions at the same time. He's a crafty one that P-Rick but I'm gunna get him. And you're going to help me Morty.

Morty: But Rick where do we even start. I mean, look at all those dimensions. How are we going to find him if he is in all those places at once how is that even possible?

Rick: Clearly he knew I would get close to finding him. I have a couple of theories. They're either poorly written characters imbedded with Primes DNA or he became a hive mind Rick and assimilated clones of himself.

Morty: Hive mind? You mean like unity?

Rick: No Morty not like Unity. I mean technically yes. But I think he's created 100% DNA matching clones and then is controlling them all remotely. We've seen this kind of tech before and I've even had the idea myself. The only difference is I would never do it.

Morty: couldn't we, I don't know, just portal to each dimension?

Rick: No Morty we can't, season 7 would be too short. Wait, I have an idea. I could split our reality and make an exact copy. The same in every way . That means this reality can stay canon to the show while we look Rick Prime in a fan fiction with zero consequences.

Morty: What do you mean Rick?

Rick: none of this is real Morty. We are characters of characters in someone's fan fiction Morty! Someone clearly couldn't wait until season 7 to find out what happens.

Morty: ah jeez Rick, I'm not sure how to feel about this!

Rick: Don't worry about it Morty I'll do Morty's mind blowers off screen. Now hand me that wrench and that bottle of formaldehyde.

*montage of science scenes, mixing chemicals, building a machine with a big red button*

Narrator Rick: wow what sloppy writing and poor craftsmanship. You must be reee*burps*aaall creative to come up with that line.

Rick: it's done Morty! I'm a fucking genius.

Morty; how does this work Rick? Will we feel anything? Do we have the same memories?

Rick: it's just for the story Morty. We're creating a copy of this universe so we can do whatever we want and it doesn't conflict with canon.

Morty: Hey Rick, can I push the button that copied the universe please ?

Rick: WUBBA LUBBA DUB DUUUUUUB *slaps red button*

Narrator Rick: That's it chapter 1 finished. We've had our introduction, from this point forward a story can be told that doesn't conflict with canon, literally anything could happen! Will we do it in episodes? Will the writer became a voice actor for the show or have the chance to share some ideas who knows. Mostly likely not but in an infinite universe with endless possibilities one can dream.

Narrator Morty: ah jeez Rick, cut the guy some slack. You know he grew up with the show at least we could give him a chance.

Narrator Rick: Morty! You just broke the fourth wall that's my thing! No more narrating for you you vindictive little turd! Chapter 2 let's go!