~Chapter 2~

It was beautiful. Siege held me up, the journey made me quite dizzy.

"Y'good luv?" he asked.

"Yeah, just a bit dizzy..." I replied, tightening my hold on his hand.

I saw his eyes turn smug, and I let go. "No. stop that," I snapped.

"I haven't done anything, luv," He scoffed, and took my wrist and began leading me away from where we landed.

We stopped at a huge trench. "This way is more efficient," he said.

"This way is going to get us killed..." I muttered.

"Do you not trust me?" He asked quietly.

"I'm not sure..." I say, and take a step closer to the trench.

"Careful-"

I slip, and yelp. I hang onto the edge of the trench, trembling.

Siege sighs, and crouches down. "Take my hand."

"No!"

"Oh my lord. Look, I'm not trying to ask you to marry me, I'm trying to save your life!" He snapped.

I take his hand. He hauls me up, and we collide on the ground, I groan as my back hits the ground. Siege is now sitting up, and I just now notice that we are still holding hands. "Let go of my hand," I growl.

"No, you let go of mine!" He argues.

We glare at each other for a few minutes, and we let go of each other's hands. "Drama queen," I mutter.

He snorts, and stands up.

I also stand up, taking in my surroundings. We're in a jungle. It's amazing. There's weird little creatures everywhere. But one stands out, because it perches on Siege's shoulder.

"Ah, there you are, Sphinx!" He says, and pets the little creature.

"You've...tamed an imp..?" I watched, astonished.

"Correction, I raised the imp. Mother didn't like him in the cast- I mean uh...in the house. But I disobeyed her."

I narrowed my eyes. "You're definitely hiding something. Or multiple things."

"You'll never know~" He teases.

I roll my eyes. "So, where are we going?"

He starts to say something, but pauses. And then seems to think of a way to rephrase it. "To my house, Mother's got something to show you. But the journey's gonna be long."

"Can't we just teleport? Like we did a few minutes ago?!" I whined.

"Tsk, tsk. Luv. No we cannot. More like I won't. I want you to see this world that was taken away from you. I want you to see every nook and cranny." he says, spinning around.

Sphinx jumps off Sieges shoulder, and onto mine, where he sniffs my hair, and settles down calmly.

Siege acknowledges this. "I feel betrayed," He mutters.

Sphinx makes an annoyed noise, and fluffs up.

"Oh well, shall we go?"

I nod, "Sure, get a little bit of this long journey out of our way."

-                                      -                                  -                              -                         -                               

 I trudge behind Siege in the mud. "Can we find a place to rest for the night...?" 

He doesn't answer, because he's busy complaining about the mud stuck to his cloak and shoes. "This would never happen on cast- on my home grounds." he snarls.