2

All I had to do was remind myself that today was just any other day. The only difference was I'll be starting out as someone new, And that's good. Sometimes we all just need to start over, At least that's what I'll be telling myself from now on.

Oh, how I could be wrong. Today was nothing like normal. I woke up to see all the snow had melted from the weekend, immediately dampening my mood. Then I realized what time it was, I was supposed to get to school today at seven twenty-five. That way I can get my schedule and anything else I need. But the current time was eight-ten. Great, I overslept.

With having to move to a new city just for me to go to school, My mom had refused to take me to school because she already has to leave so much earlier than normal just to make it to work on time, And then reminded me that all of this was my fault.

So not only was I already going to be an hour late by the time I left our new apartment but I had to walk the five miles to school. Quickly realizing I was only going to get later as the seconds went by I decided to get dressed for the day.

I threw on a white tee with small slits on the shoulder and some lightly washed ripped jeans, Running through the freshly moved apartment in search of my checkered vans along with searching for my toothbrush.

Cursing the world and entire universe as I picked my phone up and raced down the apartment steps, And beginning my sprint to try and salvage my first day.

Apparently I got my timing wrong and I was officially two hours late to school by the time I got there and was in the office speaking to some counselor lady. "Ms. I don't know about your past school, But we don't tolerate tardiness." She began while printing out some papers. "I know, But I overslept and then had to walk here. It won't happen again." I responded to her before she handed me a stack of papers.

"On the top is the information for your locker, it's on the second floor. Your next class will be starting in five minutes. I'll excuse you from absences because it's your first day. Don't make this a habit." She spoke out while going through the papers she handed me and pointing out my classes and locker, "Now hurry up, Don't want to be any more late." She said before she ushered me out of my seat and motioned me towards the door. "And try not to get into any trouble here." She spoke out as I walked out of the room,

Heading up the steep stairs and falling halfway up the staircase, this school was starting to feel just like normal, I mean everywhere else I fell walking up the stairs. Why not here too. I could feel a warm trickling feeling, Begin underneath my nose.

Great, Just great. Honestly I hope I broke my nose this time. Rubbing the blood onto my sleeve I made my way to the locker and tried my best to open it, and ignore the liquid ooze, Flowing under my nasal. Finally when it did open, it slammed shut, "You're in my way." Some girl shouted out, as she shoved me into the locker and walked away.

I rolled my eyes, Just thinking about how wonderful this year was going to be. Just six and a half months to go, And then I was free.