10: Maps and Werewolf Puns

It's been almost a half hour of silent shuffling through pages of old books before one of us speaks.

"What do you call a wolf that knows it's a wolf?"

We all stop and glance at one another to see if we heard that right but Ryker continues to wait for our responses, straight-faced.

"Aware-wolf."

Selene rolls her eyes but Tristan buckles into fits of laughter. Ryker remains stoically looking across the table at me. I try to hide a smile and shake my head.

From the corner of my eye I see Ryker smirk to himself.

"Let me see that," Selene yanks the werewolf book from Ryker's hands who shrugs and leans back in his chair.

"Are you kidding? This book has an entire chapter dedicated to werewolf trivia and puns." She turns to her brother, "Did you really research these books?"

Tristan leans over and grabs the book now. His pale eyes flick back and forth, "What do you call a wolf that uses bad language?"

Selene rolls her eyes, "Obviously, a swear-w-"

"A swear-wolf!" Tristan smacks the book down and starts laughing again

"I think we're all getting over tired..." I say.

Ryker shakes his head, "Nah. He's always like this. I personally think puns are stupid."

"Yeah, that seems like your thing."

A dark brow perks up, "What?"

I tilt my head, "You seem to think everything is stupid."

His grin turns mildly less amused as he continues to stare at me, "You know what I find the most stupid?"

"Enlighten me."

Ryker leans onto his elbows towards me, "Prissy rich chicks who think they got everyone else figured out."

"Unlike you, who thinks you know me so well?" I lean across the table towards him now too, "You shouldn't be so quick to judge

"Unlike you, who thinks you know me so well?" I lean across the table towards him now too, "You shouldn't be so quick to judge."