Thank You, Ashtray

Ashtray sighs quietly to himself as he approaches the door, readying himself. He knocks once on the door, as if to signal whoever was inside, Jules, and proceeds to open the door. Well, he did signal Jules.. but someone else as well. 

"-uh and, I thought that maybe Mari-" They stop talking, they being Rue. Who stood in front of the hospital bed with her back to the door, Jules standing on the other side of the bed. They looked back to meet Ash, Rue's and Ashtray's eyes locking as they all remained silent. Ash was pissed, to pissed to speak. He wanted to yell at her, but he couldn't. He still knew he was to be blamed for worse. He almost got Marina killed, and the hurt she would have felt if it were actually him that had.. Marina..

Ashtray looked away angrily, but you can see his hurt above all else. Rue looked down guiltily. 

    You see before everything, Jules had told Leslie, Rue's mom, about her reoccurring drug problem.. Remember? All the drugs gone. Rue on the run and all that shit that led up till now? Yeah. Rue was still angry at Jules for a while for the whole thing. But then the night of the play, she was reminded of what it was like to feel again. 

    Rue couldn't bring herself to fully forgive Jules, but.. Kinda like Ash she felt guilty. Guilty because in her mind she believes she had gotten Marina addicted to drugs. Had gotten her shot because of her own down spiraling depression, she had somehow dragged Marina down with her. As if somehow her own mind had infected Marina's. 

    Rue's been trying to do better since Marina's been hurt though. The near death experience the younger female had faced really made Rue think. She knew she had to do good to compensate for the bad she had caused. And she had caused so much bad. Hurting everyone around her, her mother, her sister, her girlfriend, which in fairness Jules hurt Rue too.. It was time Rue tried to get help, real help and really stick too it. She needed to detox. She needed to get sober and stay sober. Especially since.. Rue owes them her life. Rue owed Laurie a lot of money. Money she couldn't afford. Laurie was a business woman. And if you recall the business she was in, then you'd know that, she always finds a way to make her money back.. If Laurie wasn't caught and arrested.. Who knows where Rue would be today. And that thought, still makes her shudder. Knowing how close she was to possibly never being seen again. It scared her.

"Uhh.. Hey-Hi. I'm- What's up?" She wasn't sure what to say at first. She was there after all on account of Ash. Jules had reached out, hoping to talk to Rue about what Ash had said. Rues visited before but, as said before she's still working shit out. Family and with Jules. And with herself too.

"What are you doing here?" He asked bitterly. Okay, so.. I mean it's, Ash. His guilt isn't always gonna stop him from being an asshole. If anything, sometimes it just causes him to be a bigger one.. Rue's brow twitch together, her own attitude wanting to bite back.

"Jules wanted to talk. But maybe since your here, you can answer her." She offers willingly. She gestures her hands to Jules, being passive aggressive towards him indubitably. He glared at her, Jules stepping around the bed as Ash retorts back.

"Answer what? The whole stupid Nate bullshit again?" He rolls his eyes. Rue shrugs, making a face.

"Yeah the Nate bullshit but, like, I think she means everything." Rue says, kind of dumbly. But in fairness she was still in the midst of talking about it with Jules before he had walked in.

"Everything? Really? Everything basically was because of the Nate bullshit. The fucking kid fucked with everybody." He retorts heavily.  From there the two continued, their bickering slowly increasing. Jules tried a few times to get the pair to silence, being ignored until finally she spoke at a volume much louder than theirs. Yelled. She yelled at them.