The Prince of Kosala

(Please do not cringe as I used the term nii-san in here because I'm lazy to write big brother everytime, and this is based of a japanese game.)

A long time ago, there was a kingdom called the "Kingdom of Kosala", where the king, Dasharata had 3 empress and 4 sons.

His first empress, Khausalya, has a single son, named Rama. Rama was the eldest out of all 4 siblings, and he was the most talented. He masters many martial arts and his speciality, archery, has made the world turned their attention upon him. Dasharata firmly believes that one day, Rama will succeed his throne when he's old enough. He is an amazing candidate to a great king that shall be respected by his people.

His second empress, Kaikeyi, is a woman who's after Dasharata's throne, having a single son named Bharata. Bharata was not as experienced as his brother is, but he's quite wise. Although, he is a little bit of a scaredy cat and usually tries to not shine in the spotlight as much as possible. Unlike his mother, he also supported the believes of having Rama as the king of Kosala, instead of himself.

The third empress, and the last one, Sumitra, has 2 sons, named Lakshmana and Satrughna. Lakshmana is the third son, and he admired his older brother, Rama so much that he decided to trail on his steps. He always has his ways to tag along with Rama everywhere, which makes their bond grew closer over the time. And there's not much known about Satrughna, except that he's the youngest and is always supportive with his brothers life.

The story began years after, when Rama was a teenager in bloom.

"My lord, my lord!!" a voice of an old man echoed through the castle hall. The king's eyes turned to the old man who soon approached the throne with a panicking face.

"My lord, forgive me for my interruption. May I make a request for you to deploy an army to help me?" the old man asked Dasharata.

"Vishwamitra? What is going on that you have come to beg for my help?" Dasharata stood from his throne and came closer to Vishwamitra, giving him a worried look.

"My lord, demons are interrupting our sacred rite. I beg of you to help me with your army of people!" Vishwamitra got down to his knees, with his voice shaking.

"Demons?? I-" before Dasharata finished his sentence, Rama came into the room, with his bow and arrow, as if he was ready to go onto the battlefield.

"Father, may I handle this problem for you?" Rama asked his father, with determination filled his eyes.

"Rama?? Are you sure? You are still young, my boy. I don't think you can handle demons right now-" again, Dasharata was cut by Rama.

"I think you are underestimating me, father. I have trained for years in my life, and I know what my calling is." Rama tried to beg again to let him go. Things go silent between them, as Dasharata thinks things over.

"Huft... I know how stubborn my son can be... But is it ok if he is the one who's going?" Dasharata asked to Vishwamitra.

"If it's your son, then I believe he's as amazing as you are. I place my trust in him." Vishwamitra agreed. To be honest, Dasharata is still a tad worried about his son's well being. But suddenly, the silence broke when someone shouted across the hallway.