His Pride and Joy

"Hah... Hah..."

"Come on, Lakshmana, you can do better than that!"

"NOT EVERYONE IS LIKE YOU, NII-SAN!! GIMME A BREAK!"

"But we trained together since we were little right? You should at least have basic capabilities as I do."

"FIRST, YOU'RE STRAINING MY VOCAL CHORDS! SECOND, I AM LITERALLY THREE YEARS YOUNGER THAN YOU! I'M 13!!"

The two brothers shouted at each other by the distance, making a conversation when Lakshmana is trying his best to catch his breath.

"Then, you should have more energy than I am!" Rama replied.

"This is sometimes... Why I hate you... Nii-san..." Lakshmana was about to collapsed and lay down when he remembered his motivation to chase after the trails of his brother. So, he didn't gave up that easily.

"Yeah, keep pushing yourself, Lakshmana!" Rama cheered from across.

After quite the amount of time, Lakshmana finally reached Rama, panting non stop while being on his knees.

"Good job of pushing yourself." Rama patted on Lakshmana's head and smiled. Lakshmana suddenly fainted in no time.

"Hehe, I think we do need to take a rest..." Rama giggled and continued by carrying his brother to a nearby cave.

.
.
.

The cave was quite dark and cold. Using the arrow from the divine weapon, he lit up a fire and hold it as a substitute torch, since they don't have any. Rama tried to look around for a safer place to stay inside, but around there's not much living creatures inside.

He laid Lakshmana down in the cold ground without any cushions. Well, Rama doesn't have the time to gather leaves as a bed. With another arrow, Rama drew a circle around Lakshmana as a form of protection so he'll sleep soundly without any disturbance while Rama goes out and search for leaves to use as a bed. He left the lighted up flaming arrow next to Lakshmana as a warmer, then he left to go outside.

.
.
.

Outside, the forest was nice and breezy. Rama stood on the mouth of the cave, feeling the nice breeze. Suddenly, Rama felt a figure flew over him. Rama quickly gets to his ready stance and draw his bow.

"Who is that?!" Rama questioned, while being in his stance.

"Do not fret, my child, Lord Dasharata is watching over you..." the flying figure let out a voice that speak of a sentence.

"Father??" Rama stopped his stance and retract back his arrow.

The flying figure was a garuda bird sent by Dasharata to watch over Rama and Lakshmana. Rama saw a glimpse of it before it returned to Dasharata, bringing the news of his sons well being.

"Oh, father... You worrywart." Rama just smiled over the fact that his father just couldn't stop thinking about his sons.

"Well, back to leaf collecting-" Rama stopped moving when he spotted a deer running across him.

"But maybe first, I should get us some dinner."

.
.
.