The Backstory of a Wandering Ninja

Just wanna clarify before you start reading I barely update and I have stories I haven't touched since 2021 so don't expect much🤷

C/N is for clan/name
R/N is for reader's/name

__________________________________________________

Originally from Sunagakure, R/N came from a small clan with a unique kekki genkai. The C/N clan. Said kekki genkai gives members of the clan the ability to see and speak to ghosts. As a small clan, not many knew of their abilities. The kazekage of sunagakure holds the clan dearly as their kekki genkai is perfect for having ghosts spy on others, transporting information, or to teach old jutsu. An unfortunate turn of events occurred as in one night the entire C/N clan vanished.

Having snuck out of the house picking berries, R/N C/N had managed to avoid whatever happened to their clan that night. Up until the ripe age of 13, R/N had thought their entire clan had been wiped out leaving them to fend alone. On a mission with their team, an opponent claimed R/N was not the only C/N alive. This led to R/N's departure from Sunagakure, and their current affiliation as a wandering ninja. Over 2 years R/N trained with many ghosts to improve their combat ability.

R/N's friendships/alliances

A ghost from the Hyuga descent who won't reveal their name to R/N, had been the main source of R/N's skills. They have worked with several ghosts but a lot of their battle knowledge comes from their mysterious Hyuga helper.

Temari, Kankuro, and Gaara were some of the closest friends you had before you left Sunagakure. You were Kankuro's age, having met him when you were fascinating over the tiny puppets he'd play with. He found it cool that you could see and talk to the dead.

Temari, being older than you, felt like the older sister you never got. Whenever she caught someone picking on you, even if it was a small misunderstood comment, she'd back you up immediately. She would lecture you like you were her sibling too.

Gaara and you often hung out as the other kids found you weird. Seeing ghosts wasn't something most kids found cool. You had heard kids say that he was dangerous and had a monster inside him, but a rebellious part of you wanted to see it. Talking to him, you quickly became good friends.

The mission that led R/N off!

You honestly didn't stay with the team you were assigned with when you became a genin. Your sensei was determined to be the best so one of your first missions was C-rank. It was to get information on a suspicious figure from another village. The minions of the person you were looking for had attempted to ambush your team.
You signaled the mysterious Hyuga ghost to be on guard. Activating his clan's Byakugan he kept a keen eye out. As your team stopped to rest for the night, Hyuga warned you there was a group of people right outside the place where your team took camp.

As quick as he told you, you relayed the message to your sensei, whom quickly told the team to pack up. Unfortunately, before anyone could bat an eye, the ambush had already begun. R/N, having excelled in their speed, threw a barrage of attacks towards their opponent. R/N and the masked ambusher clashed kunai at such a speed nobody noticed they were slowly getting farther than the others.

"You're a C/N huh? Ya know, you're not as special as you think you are kid." the ambusher sneered.

"Why should I take your word to heart? What does that even mean prick?" R/N scoffed, redirecting an oncoming kick.

"I mean, you aren't the last C/N." the ninja voiced, their wicked smile showing through their mask.

"You're just spitting bullshit to try and catch me off guard," R/N started "They all disappeared one night, there was no trace of anyone. No bodies, to struggle, no missing items, we even sent search teams out nobody was found. Shit, they even asked other villages to help." R/N stated, fury building at the argument and mention of their clan's mysterious demise.

The ambusher cackled throwing a tiny book at R/N. Almost automatically, they caught it and read the cover. R/N tensed reading the cover of the book.

'F/N C/N's diary DO NOT READ!!!'

Your neighbor, and an old friend from your clan. R/N looked up at the ambusher suspiciously. He just nodded, signaling to keep reading. Cautiously, R/N opened the book reading the first page.

"It's best if you just skip to the last 3 entries. That'll give you some insight on what's going on."

R/N did just that.

Entry 34.

Today, the clan had a meeting about running away to find a safe haven with no peace where nobody wants to use the clan for its power and its power only. Oddly enough, R/N's parents sent them off to go get food and told them not to come back until right after the meeting ends. I overheard their parents saying that they were going to leave R/N here to care for Sunagakure. They kept saying that the clan leader was giving corrupt plans and orders! Traitors the two of them. I can't say anything though or else they'll be able to tell I was eavesdropping.

Entry 35.

Everyone has been buying stuff and storing it in the great C/N chamber to take to the safe haven. I can't wait to go! Mommy and daddy say I can't tell anyone where it is though. If someone finds out about the safe haven, it won't be safe anymore! Today I learned that we're gonna get special guards at the safe haven that protect the entrance/exit of it! I keep hearing loud screams from their training chambers so it must mean they're working hard to be strong! I have so much respect for the guards!

Entry 36.

Today we're leaving for the safe haven! I'm so excited about it! Though I'm a little sad because I have to leave a bunch of stuff behind in order to not raise suspicion in Sunagakure. We gotta make it look like we just up and disappeared. The  clan leaders are super strong and are able to just teleport us to the safe haven! It's also super. Cool that I get to stay up tonight since we leave late. I didn't think that R/N's parents would really leave them behind but R/N isn't home so I guess they really are gonna do it. I'll miss them so much!!!

R/N was fuming. Not because they left her. Not because they were alive all this time and they didn't know. But because they didn't believe it. How was R/N supposed to know if this was real or not? It can just be for jokes. For laughs. For the sake of seeing someone suffer.

"You bastard. Do you really think I'd fall for some shit like this? Do you find it funny to mock my clan? Do you find it funny to mock me!? How do I know you're not lying huh!?" R/N snapped, going feral, their attacks got sloppier but hit much harder.

"Because child, I've been looking for you everywhere. You're why I'm here. I want to find them and reunite with my lover." He explained.

Huffing, and wary, you stopped attacking. You looked him square in the eye. He wasn't lying.

"I believe you this time. But how come you don't look for yourself?" You questioned.

"I need to get into The Great C/N Chamber, but only a pure-blooded member can open it." He answered.

You both agreed on helping another, but as you headed back you forgot your team hadn't been aware of the situation. Thinking he was an enemy, your team attacked him leaving nothing to be. Fortunately, the diary had been in your possession and once you opened the chamber you went on your way to get information from other places.

GOOD GOD I DIDN'T THINK I'D WRITE THAT MUCH 😦

Word count : 1,371