chapter three - the mirror

After running and falling into the flowers, she stood up, laughing hard. She ran and ran again. In fact, she really enjoyed that one specific feeling, the one she known as the feeling of freedom. After laughing hard once more, her vision went blurry, and as her eyes adjusted, she saw a mirror in front of her. She immediately stopped laughing, and looked into the mirror. It turned out that the mirror wasn't an ordinary one. It reflected her heart's deepest desires, a family, a friend, and a place she called home.

The mirror reflected it all, but the family and friends inside, seemed to not be hers. Her original parents were different, for sure, yet the ones in the mirror looked more courageous, tender, and compassionate. She felt like they would fight for her,
love her with all their hearts, and care for her. She also saw a brother, maybe it was hers? He had a lonely smile, yet also a happy grin. It looked that he was grateful that he had a sister, there for him, even in his loneliest moments, his saddest moments, she would be there. She wanted to be that kind of sister. Or even that kind of person.

The friends in the mirror were not one, but two. They looked cheerful, one looked like he was going to pick on her, but nonetheless she still wanted to be friends with him. The one on his left looked like an underdog, and once more, she didn't care. Her three greatest desires were seen in this one, singular, mirror. And there she was, standing in the middle. In the middle of her friends, in the middle of her parents, and behind her, the mirror showed her third desire. There, behind the small yet happy group of friends and family, was a comfortable house for she and her friends to party, for her family to stay in, and the perfect place to call home.

She wanted to go through the mirror, to see her true family, to meet her friends who wouldn't leave her, if ever that was possible. She touched the gleaming silver that the mirror was made of, and then, she suddenly fell against the flowers, as if she fainted.