Chapter 2

3rd person pov

Ron was sitting on the big couch in the common room. He was gripping his knees tight as he stared into the fireplace.

He heard the door open. He didn't want to look behind him to see who it was.

"Who's here?" He asked in a small Voice. He wasn't crying so he wasn't worried about someone seeing him.

"It's uh. It's Harry." Harry responded hoping that Ron wouldn't get mad at him for following him in here.

Ron didn't respond. Why was Harry here? Why would he want to be here with Ron?

At the corner of his eye he got a glimpse of Harry sitting down beside him. He was keeping a little distance though.

Ron gripped his knees tighter.

"Are uhm you okay?" Harry looked at Ron.
Ron wanted to look back but couldn't. He didn't want him to see the tears stinging in his eyes.

"Im sorry." Ron whispered. Ron was very sorry. He closed his eyes and let go of his knees. He was too scared to say anything more. To scared that he would say something bad or awkward.

"Ronald.." Harry paused he also didn't know what else to say. "Are you okay?"

Ron stopped to think. Was he okay? He didn't know.
"Yes, I'm fine." Although he didn't think so.

"Uh alright." Harry had no idea what we was going to say he just knew that Ron wasn't okay.

Ron turned to look at harry who was staring into the fireplace. But soon enough Harry looked back at him.

"Harry I'm sorry. I'm sorry for being so dumb and rude. I missed you more then I thought I would. I- I just- I don't know.. but I'm sorry. So so so sorry." Ron stopped to think about what he had just said. So did Harry.

"I missed you too.." Harry spoke. They both gave each other one last glance before embracing into a tight hug.

"Are we friends again?" Ron asked.

"No, I'm just hugging you because I want to." Harry said sarcastically "yes Ron, we're friends again."

★ ★ ★

Ron and Harry spent all their time together, plus Hermione. If either of them was sick, the other one would be right there with them.

They were best friends. But Harry over heard a conversation, well, argument between Ron and Fred.

Ron's pov.

Fred looked furious with me. "Man Ronald! You are really taking your friendship for granted!" He shouted at me.

"Oh really?! How am I then?!" I shout louder. I don't see the problem.

"You've gotten so many chances with Harry! But then you just blow them over!" Fred hollered "I bet ya didn't know this! George and I are literally the reason you are friends again!"

"How are you then?! You didn't open my mouth and force me to apologize!" I yell.

"If it wasn't for us Harry wouldn't of being that room! And oh do you know what that means?! IF HE WASNT IN THE ROOM YOU WOULDNT HAVE APOLOGIZED!"

I've never seen Fred so mad in my life. All because I have some crazy crush.

"I'm done here." I comment.

"No you aren't Ronald." Fred stops me from turning around "you're not going to go up to your bed and cry. You hear? You are going to find Harry and tell him you love him. Understand?" 

I sigh. If I don't do this he'll for sure just tell Harry that I like him.

"Yes Fred, I understand." I nearly whisper.

Before looking I go into the dormitory to get something of mine. Harry was there..

That means he heard everything! Oh my god. Of course Harry heard me.. of everyone. Of all people.

I pause and stare. "You heard all of that." I say. Harry just nods. How? Why?

"All of it?" I ask a bit of fear in my voice this time. Harry just nods again. He starts walking towards me.  And stops right upfront of me.

"You uh you know we weren't uh talking abo-" Harry interrupts me. "You like me.?" He asks in a small voice. Almost like he was sad.

"Of course I like you, you're literally my best friend." I know what he meant by what he had asked.

"No, no, like- you have a crush on me." He adds. There's no use in lying so might as well just tell the truth.

I nod "since second year.."
I see Harry's facial expressions go from curious to shocked.

"Since second year?!" Harry sound's shocked "and I thought I liked you for a long time."

"Ye- Wait what?" I nearly didn't hear the last part.

Harry's face went red.

"Yeah.." Harry tried not to look at me. I tried not to look at him.  Fred broke the silence.

"Ron! You can't hide up there all day now!" Fred yelled from down the twisted stairs.

I looked at Harry who was already looking at me. Our faces weren't even an inch apart. Harry's emerald eyes were nearly glowing. I wanted to kiss him. But I feel like it would be too much to top onto today.

So I didn't.

857 words