CHAPTER THREE.

CHAPTER THREE.
POLAROIDS.

"Jo, come on

"Jo, come on." Peter whispered, his gaze still heavily focused on Josephine as he ignored the teacher's voice and leaned slightly closer to his best friend. "I just forgot to call, okay?"

"Okay, whatever, all is forgiven." Josephine shot him a 'shut up' glare as she tried to focus on the lesson, reverting her attention back to her test as she continued in a hushed tone. "I'm going to the party either way, so if you decide to go, I'll see you there. Just focus on the quiz."

Peter just released a reluctant breath, holding his gaze on Josephine for a brief moment before hesitantly sitting back in his seat and turning to face the front again, fighting his desire to keep trying to talk to her.

Gwen turned in her seat at the sound of the confrontation and sent Peter a sympathetic look, Peter returning the gesture with a small, tight-lipped smile in appreciation before sending one last glance towards Josephine and returning his attention to his test.

Peter's eyes were glued to Josephine as he watched her stand up, push the chair she was previously sitting on out, gather her books, and leave the classroom.

At her actions, Peter stood up quickly, gathering his books too, and beginning to follow after her, sending Gwen a fleeting glance as he did so. "Can we, maybe, talk later?"

Gwen raised her eyebrows, as she didn't expect him to say anything to her, and nodded, amusedly watching Peter follow after Josephine hurriedly.

As Josephine noticed Celeste at her locker, which was beside hers, a relieved smile painted across her features, however, the smile was soon wiped off her face when she felt an elbow lightly nudge her waist.

Turning to face the direction the nudge came from, Josephine was met with the sight of Peter Parker, a hopeful, tight-lipped smile spread across his face and his eyebrows raised. "We're okay, right?"

Josephine just sighed, rolling her lips inwards to prevent the involuntary smile that threatened to overtake her features at his optimism. "Yeah, we're okay. It was just a call, Pete, it's not a big deal."

Peter released a relieved breath, nodding. "Okay, cool. And, hey, I'm sorry for judging the whole 'you-going-to-Marcus'-party' thing, and ambushing you with the imaginary plans we apparently made."

Josephine released a chuckle at the words, shaking her head playfully as she began to walk towards Celeste, Peter smirking at her reaction as he slung his arm over her shoulder loosely and walked alongside her.