1

'Have fun, sweetheart,' said Andromeda Tonks to her daughter, Y/n

'Have fun, sweetheart,' said Andromeda Tonks to her daughter, Y/n. 'You'll love this year.'

'What's going on this year?' The sixteen year old asked, squinting her eyes as her hair turned yellow.

'Something about a tou-'

'Ted.'

Ted Tonks, the father, rubbed the back of his head, where his wife had just hit him; his eyebrows were scrunched together. 'We can't say, love.'

'A tou...?' Y/n continued as the flute of the Hogwarts Express whisteled loudly.

'Our mouths are closed,' her mother smirked afore pulling her in a hug. 'I'll miss you.'

'Don't think you can dodge the subject,' she murmered into her mother's shoulder, but Andromeda couldn't hear it. Soon her father joined the hug.

'I'll see you at Christmas,' the metamorphmagus said once she pulled out of the family hug.

'I don't think so,' Ted smirked, ruffling up his daughter's hair which turned a deep magenta in an instance.

'What is going on with you? What is happening at Hogwarts?' Y/n was now growing impatient. 'I'll not go until you tell me what's happening.' She crossed her arms over her chest and started tapping her left foot on the ground.

'Then you'll be waiting a long time,' her mother said, also crossing her arms while grinning.

'Salazar, give me strength,' her daughter murmered. 'I will find out what this is all about.'

With that she started walking her trunk and cat in her hands.

'Giving up so soon?' Challenged Andromeda, making her husband laugh.

Y/n stopped in her tracks immediately and turned her head around. 'I would wait, but then I'd have to miss the train. If I had to choose between staying here and having to listen to Dora talk about that Auror shit for a whole year and going to Hogwarts. I'd choose Hogwarts.'

Her parents stuck their tongues out to their daughter; she returned the gesture.

'See you!'

With that she went on her way to the train.

'Y/n!' Somebody exclaimed behind her as she got on the Hogwarts Express.

The girl being called glanced behind her and saw her best friend, Esmeralda Burns, run up to her.

'Es!' She said, giving her a grin when she caught up to her.

Esmeralda and Y/n had been best friends since the beginning of their time at Hogwarts. When they both got sorted into Slytherin in their first year and sat next to each other at the feast, they immediately clicked. Esmeralda was a muggle-born witch of two loving parents. Her hair was jet black and her eyes green, resembling the colour of an emerald which she was named after.