Who are you?

"Prince Lee Ji-ho" the king called out to his son as he stepped into the throne room

"You will be going to Sungjoo village on an official royal business; Minister of affairs informed me about the representative of the Chinese vice emperor, he is said to lodge near the village, and by history you know how the chinese can be. You must set out   Sungjoo and meet him at once. Invite  him to royal palace".

"Why must I go? We do not need to relay all our problems to the chinese, why must we ask for their guidance when we have a king to tend to our matters, why must we....."

"Don't be foolish now child, it hasn't rained for two years, there is  famine in the land, an epidemic is spreading through out the lands. Our crops are dying and sure are the farm animals I'll miss work likelihood it's been cut out due to the drought. We need help where we can find it, the chinese have good herbs and we need it"

"But.." I tried to say.

"You live in a day"his Majesty spoke as he concluded his speech.

"May you live long your majesty" I said as I bowed in respect.

........

"I can't believe he's asking the chinese for help, am sure prime minister Kim is in on this. He's being controlled by them,the Kim Clan. You know, people see him as an impotent king?"

"Your highness, your father might seen like that, but am sure his after the well being of the nation" Poong Yeon said trying to defend the king.

"Fft, you're one to defend the King  after all that happened to your parents and what he did" I tried to remind  Poong Yeon of the unfortunate event that be fell his parents.

His mind couldn't help but wonder back to the past,as the cloud of the past flooded his mind << We haven't done anything wrong, we've been forcefully accused, we didn't conspire against the royal house or cause the death of the king>> as a sword slashed through his mother's back.

He remember clearly how she tried to protect him from such a foul scene, but failed with her life stripe out of her in a mere instant and how his father screamed out her name as she fell to the ground, soaked in her own blood.

He was about to speak out, when him too was cut down; remembering how his father's blood splashed on his face.

His younger brother's life was already striped from him in his quarters. He was to be killed too, to join his family, for his entire family was accused of treason against the king and against the great nation.

But he was save by the new crowned prince who was three years younger than him, and asked a favor of his father: for Yeon to be his personal guard from there on till his dying breath.

"You would be dead, if not for that request" I remained him.

"I know and I will be forever greatful to you, your highness" he said as he bowed greatfully

Sungjoo ehh, of all places; why be interested in such a small and an uninteresting village to lodge, hmm! The prince thought, wondering why the representative would make such a decision.

The journey to Sungjoo was a smooth one, we met up the representative, figured out why he chose the lodge: it was close to a gisaeng, and it's said to own the most beautiful girls outside the capital.

It was a day and half's journey. We tried to convince him to come back with us, but he insisted on staying, he that he hadn't be here on official business but for pleasure and Joseon had one of the most beautiful girls and it made him come back.

We were to head  back the next morning, but I was called privately by the representative to his lodge.

Before he spoke to me he looked right at Yeon,it felt as though he didn't want to speak such word in front of a guard.