Chapter 1

"Lacy, you don't want to be late for the train," my Mother called from downstairs as I filled my suitcase with the rest of my books and clothes.

As I closed the latch on the trunk, I heard a sound much like an explosion coming from the backyard. Curious as to what it was, I quickly dragged my trunk to the entryway, and rushed into the backyard. Sitting in the middle of the perfectly cut lawn was a large golden stone, and I was not about to leave it there. There was something special about the stone, but what, I could not discern. Grabbing the stone, I rushed to the front door, and placed the stone in the bag I was going to carry with me on the train so that I could examine it on the way.

"Okay, mum, I'm ready," I called.

"Took you long enough," Mum said exasperated. "Get in the car, I hope there's a witch or wizard around at the station to help us find the train."

Mum and I climbed into the car, and drove off headed towards King's Cross Station. I had only been there once or twice to pick up my mum's Great Aunt Minerva when she had come to visit. The place was no different than I remembered with the large amount of platforms, but I didn't see any labeled Platform 9-3/4.

"I'm sure it's around here somewhere," Mum stated thinking out loud.

Just then, Aunt Minerva appeared, and Mum swore silently. Aunt Minerva was an older woman with her grey hair always neatly wrapped in a bun, and she always wore some sort of forest green cloak.

"Aunt Minerva, this is quite a surprise. I was just sending, Lacy off to her new school, so I really don't have the time to speak with you," my Mother quickly said as Aunt Minerva got closer.

"Don't worry, Rebecca. I am actually here to help you find the platform. I was surprised to find young Lacy here on the Hogwarts registry," Aunt Minerva replied calmly.

"Wait, you're Minerva McGonagall?"

"Yes, child, I am. Didn't you ever wonder why strange things happened when I visited?"

"Yes, but I accounted them as just a trick of my mind. And once I got Lacy's letter, I assumed it had been because of her. Where's the platform? It's nearly 11 O'clock."

"This way."

Aunt Minerva led us to the barrier between platforms 9 and 10, "Go in at a bit of a run, Lacy. I'll see you at school."

I did as I was told, and saw the most amazing train ever. It was decked in the colors of crimson, black, and gold. I was able to find a seat where I was alone, and pulled out the stone. Sitting with the stone on my lap, I got the chance to notice how smooth its surface was. As I sat there, the stone began to rock back and forth furiously and emitted a high pitched squeaking sound. It was not long before the stone burst, and from within came a beautiful golden dragon. The dragon rubbed its nose against the palm of my right hand, and I passed out thinking, good thing I'm already in my robes.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, there's my first chapter of Ameria. Obviously you know her name will be Ameria, but Lacy doesn't know that yet.

Thanks to RiderFirnen for my wonderful cover. I really miss the apps I had on my old phone, but my dad said I'm not allowed to put any apps on my new phone, so that's kind of a problem with me making covers. I used to make covers for DragonRider120 on my old phone, and they were beautiful.

Anyways, Thanks for reading.