Chapter 3

After the feast, Ginny and I were led up to the Gryffindor common room. The room was huge with drapes in the colors red and gold, and of course there was the fireplace which was amazing. The red headed prefect informed us that the girls' dorm was on the left, and being as tired as I was, I rushed straight up while other girls chose to mingle in the common room. As I found my bed, I also noticed that I wasn't the only girl who had chosen to go to bed.

"Why'd you come up here already?" Ginny asked me.

"I'm extra tired," I replied. "Would you like to see what's in my bag now?"

"Yes," Ginny exclaimed silently.

I placed the bag on my bed and opened it so that Ameria could crawl out of it. She crawled over to me and I placed my hand upon her head.

Ginny gasped, "It's a dragon."

"Her name is Ameria. I found her egg jsu before I left for the train. She hatched on the way."

"You're not supposed to have a dragon. It should be sent to Romania with the other dragons. My brother Charlie works with dragons there."

"I can't loose her. Don't tell anyone about Ameria, please. We have a special bond, one I can't explain. I feel like if we're separated..."

I couldn't explain exactly what my bond with Ameria felt like. It was something new, but I knew it was special.

"I won't say anything, but be careful. She's not supposed to be here."

"I will," I told Ginny as I showed Ameria an image of her crawling under the bed and staying there. Ameria did as I showed her, and I crawled into bed.

------------------------------------------------------

I know, I know, it's short, but it's better than nothing, right?