i. killer queen

i. killer queen

dynamite with a lazar beam !

BATTLE OF THE BANDS. started by a slytherin with a dream and a stratocaster that had been generously lent to them by their father. a competition that originally started as words whispered in the corridors and two or three bands competing in the gryffindor common room (with a very unhappy, very tired professor longbottom halting a hufflepuff band halfway through a rendition of "good vibrations" by the beach boys), had now grown into a hogwarts-wide battle of epic proportions. were you really anybody at hogwarts in 2021 if you didn't have a band who could shred a song by the beatles?

BATTLE OF THE BANDS, 2021, GREAT HALL. the 17th annual battle of the bands. judged by headmistress mcgonagall, professor longbottom, professor tralawney, professor dawes and professor sinistra. HOSTED BY RUBEUS HAGRID. ROUND ONE, OCTOBER 11TH.

that was the poster that hung in all the dormitory stairwells and common rooms this year. rose granger-weasley had read that very poster eleven times already, she wanted to win. this was her year. october eleventh was only forty days away. could she really do it? 

you see, ladies and gentlemen, to understand rose's desire to crush in this year's coveted battle of the bands, you need to understand a super specific piece of information. james sirius potter never loses. every bet the two have ever had, he made a profit. every race to the other side of the burrow in childhood, rose was a few seconds to slow. and every year, james sirius potter and his band, name, won the battle of the bands. and rose, she knows it's petty but she wants nothing more than to steal it from him. 

she loves music too, can't she make something for herself? 

within  twenty four hours, she had a band. rose on lead vocals, her best friend on bass and her best friend's boyfriend on drums. all she needed was a lead guitarist. what she didn't know is that the world was going to bring her one, in the shape of a quiet slytherin girl and her fender vintera telecaster who comes barging in during a particularly trying rehearsal. 

"no, no, no, the bridge is all wrong!"

"and you know it, do you rowe?"

"of course, i do."

___________________

hey everyone, 

welcome officially to killer queen. once again thank you aurorasandsadprosee for the amazing plot. i can't wait to explore mabel more. she's brilliant and this entire book will be a love letter to my love of music. if i do get any details wrong though, let me know! i don't know everything and i don't know a lot. i research as much as i can <3

thanks for reading, ellie.