Delete The Footage!

"What's wrong?" Cara asked her roommate, Lily, who was a travel blogger, and most of the time out to explore the world.

"You haven't contributed to rent for the last three months! What do you expect?" She asked Cara.

"I know I am sorry, but I'll do the next month. I promise!" Cara said, but Lily wasn't convinced.

She slid the suitcase in her direction. "Please don't waste my time and show yourself out. I can't do charity anymore!" Lily gave a tired look and Cara's eyes filled with tears.

"Please don't do this to me, Lily! Where would I go in the middle of the night?" Cara said.

"That's not my problem! Why don't you sell your luxury car and pay for the damn expenses?" She raised her voice.

"I have got a job in the famous club! See, this is my appointment letter." She took out a folded paper from her bag and passed it to Lily. "The pay is good! I can pay the rent from next month and save something for myself."

"Please, Lily, have mercy!" Cara begged, tears flowing from her eyes.

Lily gave the letter back to her. "Look, I earn good, but that doesn't mean the expenses are solely my responsibility. This is your last chance. If you failed to pay the rent next time, I will throw you out."

Cara nodded, wiping her tears. "I won't disappoint you!" She said and moved to her room when Lily stopped her and locked the room. "What happened?"

"You can't use the room until you clear the dues!" She stated. "You can sleep on the floor or can take the couch, whatever suits you!" She said and disappeared into her room, closing the door behind her back.

Cara smiled bitterly. She kept her bags in the corner and slumped down on the worn-out couch. Her legs were killing her, and she was too tired to even mourn over her fate, but like every night, she didn't forget to ask God.

"Why me?"

***

The next morning, Keith was making breakfast, and he played music, raising the volume. Natalie creased her forehead and covered her ear with a pillow, groaning in frustration. "Babe, turn off the music!!" the tattooed guy sleeping next to her shrieked.

Natalie sat on the bed rubbing her eyes and wrapping bedsheets around her. She had a throbbing pain in her head and somehow she managed to step down and walked out of the room. She reached the music system and turned it off.

"Why did you turn off the music?" The voice came, and she turned, only to find Keith standing with a tray.

Natalie was aghast. She widened her eyes, staring at him, and could not form a word. "You know I love music while cooking?" Keith said, placing the tray filled with food on the table and taking a sip of his orange juice.

"Keith, you are here!" Natalie couldn't believe her eyes. "You texted me you'd be out of town for a few days!" She asked. "Cancelled your plan last minute?"

"My life isn't much interesting to talk about! Tell me about yourself." He eyed her and Natalie gulped, watching him.

"I was sleeping," she said biting her lips.

Keith took another sip of his juice and smirked. "With whom?" He asked and Natalie tightened her hold on the bedsheet she wrapped around herself.

"I-I.." She couldn't meet his eyes.

"Change into something bearable for my sight!" He said, and she disappeared into the room she shared with him. She watched the guy sleeping on their bed and sprinted to open the wardrobe, only to find it empty. In fact, all her belongings disappeared except a pair of jeans and a t-shirt with her undergarments on the couch.