Chapter 5

-Wednesday's pov-

It was now the next morning and once again, I was woken up by Enid playing pop music. I lift my head off the pillow and glare at her.

"Do you really have to play that annoying music every morning?" I ask her.

"Yes, I do. It's a great way to start off my morning. You should try it sometime," Enid tells me.

"I'd rather put needles in my eye before I listen to that kind of music."

"Okay, whatever you say," Enid says and walks into her closet. I decided to get out of bed as well. I walk into my closet and put on my school uniform. When I'm done changing, Enid is sitting at her vanity, doing her makeup.

"So, how are you after the whole gargoyle situation?" Enid asks me.

"I'm fine. I'm just a little surprised someone saved me from it," I say.

"Who was the person who saved you anyway? You never told me."

"And it's going to stay that way," I say.

"Wait a minute.. Did Xavier save you from the gargoyle?" Enid asks.

"I don't know. Did he?" I say, sarcastically.

"Right... Anyway, we better head to class before we're late," Enid says and gets up from her vanity. "Come on!"

<<<<>>>>

When we get to class, almost everyone is there. Enid goes to seat next to Yoko and I go to my seat that's next to Xavier.

"How are you feeling? You know, after the whole situation yesterday?" Xavier asks.

"I'm doing better. But I do have a question," I say.

"Ask away."

"Why did you save me from the gargoyle?" I ask him.

Xavier sits there for a minute. I'm assuming he didn't see that question coming.

"Well I saved you because it didn't seem like you should have died that way," Xavier answers.

"Okay..." I say. But before either one of us could say anything, Miss Thornhill walks into the classroom.

"Alright class, as you all know, the Jericho Fair is tonight. That's why we're going to keep things simple and I won't Gove you any homework," Miss Thornhill explains. "So get with your partner and I'll explain what we're going to be doing today."

<<<<>>>>

After class, Enid and I decided that we were going to go to the library to start an essay for another class. But as we're walking to the library, Xavier comes over to us.

"Uh, is it okay if I talk to Wednesday for a second?" Xavier asks.

"Of course! I'll leave you two alone!" Enid says and walks away. But she turns around and winks at me before she rounds the corner.

-Xavier's pov-

I can't believe I was going to do this. I mean there's a high chance that she's going to say no. But there's no turning back now..

"So, what did you want to talk to me about?" Wednesday asks.

"So you know how the Jericho fair is tonight?"