𝐂𝟏: ₐₘₙₑₛᵢₐ Wₐₛ ₕₑᵣ ₙₐₘₑ

IM WORKING ON ACOVER OK

TW/CW: This chapter contains gore, self-harm, swear words(naturally), etc.

Please stay safe and know you're loved. You deserve the world. If you're having negative thoughts, I suggest venting to people, calling the Suicide Prevention Hotline, getting therapy/letting your therapist know, and more. This world's cruel, dude.

Awaking was one of the worst things to happen. A deep coma would be preferable. I don't think I like awakening. My eyes fluttered open, exposing the light to me before shutting closed.

I tried to curl up and stay asleep, but my eyes flickered open once more. The light noises of beeping filled my eardrums as my eyes finally stayed open, squinting to just barely adjust to the light that was nearly blinding me.

I fully opened my eyes, now able to hear the beeping, the footsteps of walking people outside, the chattering... but something hadn't made sense.

Where... was I? Who even am I?!

I seethed my teeth, the rough sheets of the bed beneath me ruffling between my hands cuffing it.

I glanced around, seeing many machines I couldn't remember the names of near me. As I attempted to curl up, I felt tubes, IVs, and other stuff I couldn't bother to name curl along with me. So I decided to straighten myself.

I sat up, examining my hands and arms. There were crazy, narrow, sharp, long slashes on my arms, starting at my wrists. They looked carved in, and very deep.

A dark skinned woman with blond hair walked in, a blue uniform on. She yelped in confusion and shock. I continued to stare at her curiously. Whatever injuries were on my arms were now turning into scabs or whatever. The woman held a bottle of disinfectant and a bag of cotton swabs.

She placed them down on the counter, finally smiling. "Do you know your name?" asked the woman.

For Gods sake, I didn't even know who she was. I searched through my scrambled brain for memories, but they'd not appeared. I shook my head. My gaze caught a clipboard she had. I could check if my personal information was on there, perhaps.

My brain felt like a puzzle before you've even started it. "You are Elizabeth 'Liz' Jackson, age; 18, nationality; English." that's how I caught the woman's accent as she wore a polite smile. "The doctor is coming already to disinfect your injuries." added the woman.

"You? Who you?" I tried to answer, but I couldn't remember much English.

The woman stared in awe. "I'm a nurse. I work for the hospital. The hospital helps with... physical issues. I am Nurse Coyote." explained Nurse Coyote. I stared, before the doctor rushed in, before staring at me.

"I am okay?" I asked. The hall looked bright and colorful, with many friendly wanderers. Nurse Coyote sat herself down, averting her gaze to the doctor. He shook his head fearfully. On the calendar, it was marked as January 15th, however January 20th was when I was suppose to awaken.

Nurse Coyote glanced back at me, setting a palm on my shoulder. "You're not recovered enough to be fully started up. We don't know if we're able to launch you back into a coma or not." she sighed. My immediate response was to straighten my body and try to sleep in the next five seconds.

The doctor grabbed a cotton swab, dipping it in the bottle of clear, disinfecting liquid. I hadn't remembered how it felt against wounds, so I stayed still. Traces of rocks and dirt could still be seen in my wound.