New sister!

Aiden's POV
¤¤¤

It's been six months since I arrived in 28th century Acmeopolis, and true to Dr. Lapinmore's word, he and his equally warm and loving wife, Beatrice, adopted me and brought me to their home within a week. It was on that day that I met their thirteen year old son, Ace, my new big brother.

I was at first worried when I walked into the house and met Ace that day, that he wouldn't like me at all, being just some random kid that his mom and dad took in

I was at first worried when I walked into the house and met Ace that day, that he wouldn't like me at all, being just some random kid that his mom and dad took in. But I was pleasantly surprised when he showed me to my new bedroom, at the same time giving me a wrapped present. I opened the present to find a stuffed toy bunny with soft, smoky blue fur and vibrant green eyes. I had looked up at him, since he was taller than me, in surprise at the really nice present as he gave me a warm smile. He warmly smiled at me as he surprised me with a big hug. "Welcome home, little bro." he said, gently ruffling my hair. I smiled and hugged him back, and I really felt blessed that day.

It was now my eighth birthday, and my adopted family was celebrating with me at my new home with a big birthday cake and lots of presents for me to open, when a call came to my adoptive dad about a young mouse girl who had appeared from a dimensional rift, like I had, and the hospital needed his help to take care of her, since he was the best at understanding alien physiology. I was very curious about the girl, who arrived on Acmeopolis the same way I did, so I asked my adopted dad if I could come to the hospital with him and meet her. Dad had an understanding smile on his face as he nodded at me and said, "Alright, son. Let's get going." We all arrived at the hospital a few minutes later. "They're expecting you on the eighth floor, Dr. Lapinmore." the receptionist at the front said as we walked in. "Thanks, Kate." Dad said to her as we walked to the elevators and got in. But once we arrived at the floor and the doors opened, all four of us were surprised to find the floor which the mouse girl on was in a state of confusion, for various objects, even a few of the nurses, were flying around the eighth floor hallways. "What in the heck is going on here?!" Dad shouted, reaching up and pulling down a couple of nurses as they floated by the four of us. "The mouse girl they brought in has some sort of telekinetic abilities, Dr. Lapinmore. We've tried to calm her down to show her we're not gonna hurt her, but she's in a state of shock, so we can't get close enough to her to check her for injuries without going into zero gravity!" one of the nurses said, as he dodged a wheelchair as it came by.

While everyone was scrambling and panicking at the telekinetic mayhem, I snuck away from where Mom and Ace were standing, as they were watching Dad talking to the nurses on how to help the mouse girl, to the room where the mouse girl was, which had the door wide open. She was shaking, her arms wrapped around herself. I was surprised to see two red antennas on her head, and they were glowing blue.

 I was surprised to see two red antennas on her head, and they were glowing blue

"Hi." I said, slowly walking toward her. She jerked her head up at the sound of my voice. "Wh-Who are you?" she asked, her voice shaky with how scared she was. "I'm Aiden, what's your name?" I asked her. She hesitated for a moment before answering quietly, "Fern, Fern Thorneboy." "Nice to meet you, Fern." I said, smiling warmly at her. Soon, she smiled back as she scooted a little closer to me on her bed.

Derek Lapinmore POV
Time Skip
¤¤¤

"Alright, we may not have a choice but to use a sedative on her if she doesn't calm down." I said to the two  nurses that I had pulled back to the ground from their time playing old school astronauts. But before we could talk further, Ace said from behind me, "Hey, where's Aiden?" Jerking my head around, I was scared to see that Aiden was no longer with us. "Aiden? Where is he?" Beatrice said with worry. Then we all heard it: the sound of two children laughing, coming from the room the young mouse girl was in. Bea and I shared a look before we all walked to the room and peeked in. What I saw made me smile. There, in a chair facing the young mouse girl, was Aiden, telling her a funny story that had both of them giggling. Beatrice, Ace, and I looked to each other and smiled, for I had a feeling that we were about to have a new daughter before too long, especially with how fast Aiden had managed to calm her down and got her laughing so easily. "Looks like our family is gonna grow a little bigger after today, huh honey?" I asked my wife. With a chuckle, she said, "You read my mind, Derek." We all left to give the two new friends time to get to know each other more.