Chapter 1

PAST TIME

"Square root.... of 81...." I groaned at the evil hand shaking me awake. "Val do your homework your almost done." I open an eye and glare at my brothers narrow gaze towering over me. He slides a coke a cola can next to me I roll my eyes sitting up strait. He walks away shaking his head .

My sister laughed glancing at the clock "Why are you so tired anyways?" I smirk looking straight at Dom he turns his head to face me with a hard stare. "Oh Dom and i had some really great sibling bonding time yesterday. Lots of cars 1 truck. A robbery?" I whispered holding a hand to my shocked face sarcastically. "Ah just another night of me throwing myself out of moving vehicles and going to school on time the next morning trust me you would've hated it Anyways-" I clasped my hands together cheekily. Mia's smile dropped i knew she was angry. "YOU DID WHAT.?" She yelled at me she turned to Dom clenching her fists Dom just shook his head again flipping threw his magazine.

I gasp opening the soda "Oh Look its our favorite white boy." I grinned waving. For the last week there's been a guy who visits our shop ordering tuna no crust. It was very easy to tell his intentions with my sister, But she was happy and her eyes never shined more when that clock hit 3:00 he was always here. "Hey " He smiled at me closing his truck. I smile winking at Mia i close my text book. "I need to stretch my legs." I whispered disappearing to the snack isle.

I leave Mia alone. Dom glances at me before returning to his papers. I sigh annoyed. My head had been throbbing for hours now and my car was with my best friend. I just wished i could take a nice nap in my bed. My ears perk up at the familiar sound of engines "Hey Mia, Val, how you living girls?" Letty give me a squeeze before walking to the fridge.

I start walking outside. "School" I hear I groan sitting beside the boy and his tuna. "Whats this ?" He asks eyeing my papers. "Homework unfortunately." he grabs my papers studying them closely. "Yeah gotta stay on top of that math, your doing really good though, and hey look at that 3 more to go" He nudges my shoulders playful.

His expression drops serious as he stares at the figure behind me. "Hey V." I stand up reaching on my tip toes to hug him I rap my arms around his torso and slap Vince on the neck. "Vinny! I like ya cut G" He chuckles grabbing his neck rubbing it.

I sneak through the isle to Jesse and Leon. "Shh-" Leon quiets me. "My favorite part." Jesse comments sliding sunglasses onto my face. I sigh slightly annoyed at their childish behavior. This blond boy clearly liked Mia and so far he hadn't done anything wrong.

I'm snapped out of my thoughts by a loud crunch. My face snaps to the two angry boys rolling on the floor. "Dom would you please do something i'm sick of this shit!" Mia yells Dom smiles teasingly "what did you put in that sandwich" he smirked. "Ha Ha real funny" she glared.

I rolled my eye running out of the shop ignoring Mia's protests. I grab Vince from behind his arms and threw his body to the side. He rolled to the floor with an audible oomph. My eyes went back up and i'm hit square in the jaw. I grip my mouth angrily. "Whoa- I am SO Sorry-" the blond started to say but the fire was already building up in my chest i stretch my hand out pulled it back and hit him square in the nose. In a second my body is picked up and placed to the side by Leon who then helps Jesse restrain Vince.

I change my mind. I don't care what his intentions with my sister are I will kill this guy. I ground my teeth together wincing at the pain shooting through my jaw. "Come on lets get some ice on it" Mia leads me back into our shop looking back once.

PRESENT TIME

The heavy ice cubes keep me below the surface. I stare into the abyss blankly. I hope i locked the door. The thought barely crosses my mind. Everything that I've hid for the past 9 years comes rushing back to me. Drugs, Alcohol. Only ever helped me into a hospital bed. Drugs, alcohol, pills, funerals. Endless life of funerals. deaths. I've hurt people and I've lost my soul. I don't deserve happiness. Bitterness.

But I found love. and I can protect her. After all I've hid her well for 6 years. I laugh, its all in my head . I feel a heavy weight on my chest my body once numb slightly shivers as i move my hand to it grazing my fingers against the pendant . Get up! A voice in me screams. So i do. I pull myself out of the ice filled tub and quickly pat my face with my towel.

"So this is what you do in your own room" Shit. I forgot to lock the door. I emerge from the tub. I'm handed a towel. I wrap it around my body not breaking eye contact. His eyes are dark icy. We stare in silence. I quickly grip his shirt tightly before he pulls me into a long slow passionate kiss. The harsh mind numbing cold I just spent hours punishing myself in was instantly replaced with a fire burning in the pit my chest.

"Good Morning to you too." He whispers trailing his jaw around my ear. "Ice baths have great benefits" the words leave my lips quietly in the big bathroom. He purses his lips together before wrapping his arms around me pulling my towel closer. "Babe your freezing" My minds more clear i can focus on the sound of my teeth chattering.

Without another word swept off my feet and being carried out of the bathroom. "I'm fine, really Owen" I protest as He silently hands me my clothes. He smirks at my glare causing me to smile. "I love you." I say softly. "I love you too" He reply without missing a beat. He bends down to peck my lips. "Come on, get dressed. you and i are going on a drive." he walks away with a smile. I sigh in bliss.

My family will continue to have a safe happily full life as long as Letty stays dead.