43.

Hazel Fenty

Hazel Fenty

𝐆𝐑𝐀𝐃𝐔𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 𝐃𝐀𝐘 🎓

Hazel stood fidgeting outside the front door. Along with her 2021 graduating class. Everyone was nervous and couldn't contain their nerves or excitement. It was show time and today was the big day. Since everyone had seven tickets each the set location for graduation hard to be changed to a university basketball gymnasium.

"Fuck, I think I'm going to shit myself." Harlow cursed, shaking her hands. She couldn't keep still and her eyes were becoming glossy.

"Please don't, and don't cry. You'll ruin your makeup." Hazel warned, trying to contain her own happy tears.

"I know, I know." Harlow sniffled, dabbing the corner of her eyes, to keep the tears from running.

"Alright everyone, take your places. Please make sure that you're in alphabetical order. It is important that everyone is in the correct seating arrangement. This way, we can get in and get out." The director said, fixing a bow tie.

"Oh shit." Hazel huffed, as the music began to play." Harlow laced their pinky fingers together. The doors creaked open, and every person that was a mother, father, sister, brother, aunt, or uncle, all began to scream: phones flashed, and there was clapping.

This made the entire class feel special. Hazel scanned the crowd for her family. Seeing a rapid, waving hand, she looked up seeing her mother waving her hand. Her grandmother peeked from the inside. They were both holding on to the twins with Hazel's picture printed on their onesies. It was too cute, Hazel couldn't help but smile. Ginger also stood up, she waved excitedly as well. Hazel waved back to all of them, as her class continued to walk. She looked back over hoping to see her father but she didn't. Sighing, she didn't let the sadness show or tear fall. Where he could possibly be at this most successful and important moment.

Everyone was seated and it was time for graduation to begin.

Black Fenty

"Come on man, please!" Black hollered, as he begged. He only needed a dollar but it wasn't enough to satisfy the buyer.

"You a dollar short bra. I can't help you." The man said, still declining Black's childish begging.

"After all I did for you! This is how you gonna treat me?" Black expressed, in disbelief.

"Man that shìt don't fucking matter. This ain't twenty-eighteen, you know how long ago that's been? Look, if you ain't got it, you ain't got it." Black desperately looked at the man with bulging eyes. He couldn't believe his own nephew wouldn't sell to him. He practically raised the boy since he popped out his sister's migrated pussy.

"Fucking punk." Black mumbled. Luckily the boy had already slid his ear plugs back in before he heard him. Black wandered the streets desperately trying to find his only release, from reality.

"I got something." A voice said. Black looked across the street to see a man in rags waving him over. "I got something." He repeated. Black rushed over, happy that the man could help him out. As Black approached, there was an all black van parked not to far from an abandoned building. It didn't look like anyone was in it but Black felt like something wrong.

"Aye man-" A gun cocked, cutting the words from Black's lips.

"Get your punk ass in the van, now." A man growled, behind him. His mouth had to be covered because of the way he was talking. Black shakily walked over to the half hidden van and the doors opened. They snatched him inside and the doors closed. Before he could ask any curious questions, he was hit in the back of the head.

The graduation ceremony was going great. Families cheered, various parents and close relatives crying tears of joy. Their child had made it to the end, but this was only the beginning to a brand new chapter.

"Hazel Fenty." Coco, and family members stood up screaming and taking pictures.

"That's mommy's baby!" Coco yelled, some nearby seaters laughing.

"Go baby!" Bashar hollered, with a huge smile on his face. Hazel smiled, carefully walking up the steps. She shook the hands of her fellow principals and teachers before taking a picture with her principal and exiting off stage. As she made her way back to her seat, the doors flew open to the double doors.

"Nobody FUCKING MOVE!" A harsh voice hollered. People began to scream and hug each other tightly as the gunman and his accomplices held their guns.

"Who's fucking daddy is this?" The man yelled, as another man came in. He pushed, Black to the floor. Due to his head being covered with a black bag no one knew who it was. The bag was then snatched off, revealing Black's bloody face and swollen eye.

Coco and Hazel screamed. "No!" Coco hollered. She stood covering her mouth. Everything was happen so fast Hazel couldn't move. She was in shock.

"Bingo." The man spoke. "Seems like your man, owes me some money. Lots of it. He's been owing me for the last seven months now. Bashar and the guys all looked at each other.

"So, either y'all have my money, or this is going to turn into a bloody graduation." He laughed.

"Please stop!" Coco yelled again.

"Bitch shut up, before you be first." An accomplice said. Coco hushed herself before crying. She checked on her smaller babies before shakily adjusting their nose canceling headphones.

Everyone in the entire gymnasium was shocked. What was going on? Why had these men decided to take matters here? This was supposed to be a special occasion.

"Where is my money?" The man asked, again. Hazel wished her uncles were here. Unfortunately for them they had been setting up for her surprise graduation party back at the house.

No one said anything. "So nobody has it. That's a terrible shame." He said before pulling the trigger. The bullet piercing the back of Blacks head. Blood leaking from the penetrated bomb. Everyone screened, covering their heads.

"Let this be a lesson. I want my shit!" The man yelled. The men retreated back out leaving Black's lifeless body on the gymnasium floor. Coco and Hazel rushed over screaming and crying.

"DAD!" Hazel screamed.

"NOOOO!" Coco yelled with her head thrown back. Hazel laid over her father hysterical. "Oh my God! Somebody please, PLEASE CALL 911! PLEASE!" A few men rushed over trying to get them away from him. Hazel and Coco both fought them, unable to contain their angry sadness. How could someone ruin what was supposed to be a special day for two hundred students? What was supposed to be a day of celebration and happy tears had turned into a complete nightmare.

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐃.

Thank you all for reading, and all of y'all's support. I appreciate it a lot. Unfortunately, every story doesn't have a happy ending. I know you all may have some questions and want to cuss me out. I am sorry! 😭but please, don't beat me up. I've had alot of writers block, but this was something I hesitated on but situations like this happen all the time, not specifically at ceremonies such as this one but you understand where I'm coming from :) Again, I hope you all enjoyed this book :) I hope you see you all in the next upcoming stories I have planned.🫶🏾

I love you all, and please be safe out here🩷