Happy Birthday Papa! {Theseus/Muffin centric} [Fluff!]

Trigger Warning: Just a mention of a dead character, mention of therapy, but it's mostly just some good ol fluff ^^

Theseus could hear the childish giggles as he stirred awake from his slumber, January was already here and while it was fun to celebrate the new year- it felt lonely because Sammy still wasn't able to return to the InnerVerse. {and the fact T1n@ was gone-}. But Theseus shouldn't worry about the creator, instead he should worry about the giggles coming from his children. 'Last time they were up this early, they tried to steal our weapons as a prank' Theseus thought to himself as he started to sit up in order to get out of bed.
Surprisingly, Ry wasn't next to him- which instantly makes Theseus feel more suspicious of what is happening. The shapeshifter got out of bed- not even bothering to change out of his pjs since no one was visiting them and Jackie had to take care of some godly business. As the shapeshifter walked to the noise, he noticed that there were more people contributing- was everyone else trying to prank him? "Ry? Fon? Mari? Kids? What are you guys doing? You better not prank me again" Theseus responded rapidly as the giggles decreased and the scuffling increased as he got closer and closer to the noise.
Theseus prepared to be pranked as soon as he entered the kitchen but he wasn't prepared for this. The kitchen was a bit of mess with flour and cake batter scattered on the counters but that wasn't what made him stopped in his tracks- what stopped him in his tracks was the fact that his family did all of this for him. Gabby and Freddy were just finishing decorating the small chocolate cake with Ry preparing candles while Marina and Fon prepared breakfast {How could the couple be ok cooks but terrible bakers?}. It felt so right to see his family do all of this but for what?
Theseus gave the group a smirk, "What's the special occasion everyone?" He asked in a playful tone. Freddy was the first one to show his enthusiasm to his father, "Happy Birthday Papa!"

Theseus felt like he was in a dream- while his family did celebrate birthdays, they ended up feeling less exciting as everyone got older and older. Fon looked as his brother with empathetic eyes, "I know our family wasn't the best of celebrating birthdays after the age of 12 but the kids really wanted to make this special for you." The human confessed to Theseus. Gabby and Freddy were starting to look nervous as Theseus took a while to fully process what happened- Ry and Marina knew that Theseus wasn't exactly the best of receiving positive things {although they've both been told that Theseus is progressing by his therapist}.
It didn't take long to see the shapeshifter smile with tears in eyes before pulling both Gabby and Freddy into a tight hug, "Thank you all so much." Theseus said to them. The two children immediately hugged their father back, happy that they're weren't in trouble. It didn't take long before everyone else joined in on the hug and while Theseus was happy- not everyone was here. 'Sammy will be here soon Theseus.. We just have to wait for Maximón to be imprisoned.. for Sammy's sake' the shapeshifter thought to himself before he let himself be embraced by the warmth of his family, 'And Tina has been gone for years now.. she'll want me to be happy.'
Somewhere in the house, a ghost and an entity observed the hug session with guilt and sadness in their eyes; unable to make their presence known- not now anyway.

Meanwhile in another world, a brunette looked up at the sky with regret, guilt, and sadness in it's eyes while it softly sang happy birthday- longing to be by it's creations' side on their birthday- upset that it's trapped in a world that isn't its own.