➛ 𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘵 (🍋)

A COUPLE OF other people joined Y/N outside of the walls of Woodbury to be given some firearm training. For the young man, his mentor for the last two days was an older one-handed redneck named Merle.

BANG!

Y/N aimed his M1911 pistol and tried hitting a bottle that hung from a string on a tree branch. He ended up missing.

"Jesus Christ, kid." Merle scoffed. "You've hit 1 outta 5 targets."

"I know

"I know. Sorry."

"Ain't no sorry."

Merle pulled out his pistol and shot the bottle while aiming with his only hand. He walked over to Y/N.

"Sorry was for the days then when you'd strike out, when you forget to tip your damn driver. Sorry nowadays doesn't save your life."

Y/N nodded. Merle gestured toward the other hanging bottles.

"Try again. Remember, don't shake too much. It's just a thing it won't bite your dick off."

The young man took a breath and aimed at the other bottles. He calmed himself down before firing, hitting one of them.

BANG!

"Good." Merle complimented.

BANG!

BANG!

Y/N kept shooting and ended up hitting two other bottles. Merle nodded and was rather impressed at how fast he improved.

"See? Ain't nothing but thing and that thing will keep your ass safe."

He nodded and looked at his now empty gun. Before he can load it again, they heard growling nearby.

A walker stumbled upon their training area and went for another trainee nearby. In fear, the man tried shooting it but couldn't get a hit at its head. Merle was about to deal with it, but Y/N stopped him.

"I got it."

He handed Merle his empty gun and ran at the walker. A large branch was beneath some leaves and he immediately picked it up. With a strong swing, he hit it over the head and knocked it down.

THONK!

Y/N finished it off with a couple of stomps to its head, splitting it open. He stepped back, panting and giving a nod to the other trainee.

Merle whistled. "Got the job done even without needing this."

"Sometimes what you improvise can be just as efficient." Y/N replied.

The redneck laughed. "I'm liking you more and more as the day goes by."

Suddenly, Merle got a transmission on his radio. Martinez's voice came out of it.