𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐧.

non-canon | feudal era

the king of curses had been around for as long as he could remember. and in all that time, no human had ever interested him once. not until you.

your mother was angry at you. it was no surprise really. the two of you did not see eye to eye when it came to your future and marriage, so here you were again, preparing for a walk to clear your head.

"don't wander out there for too long," your obachan warned. "you may not be so lucky as to encounter a kind curse like the one from your younger days."

"kind?" you snorted. "returning a child to their family is the least anyone can do – curse or not."

"you have the knife on you?" she peaked at you with one eye.

lifting the fold of your yukata, you grinned as you showed her the dagger crafted from bone. ever since your obachan gifted it to you on your sixteenth birthday, not once did you part from it. you felt an odd desire to be close to it – always. like the red thread of fate, you felt as if there was some invisible force tying you to the knife.

"i will try to speak to your mother on the matter of your marriage. you know she is merely worried since you are no longer an age that is considered young."

you rolled your eyes. at twenty-two, you may as well be called an old maid. as if your mother was worried. all she cared about was to establishing a connection to the head of the village's clan.

"you do that then."

she gave you a disappointed glance.

"i'm sorry," you bowed your head in respect, "that was rude of me."

she reached over to pinch your cheek, "it's fine, just come back soon. if you don't i'll have to assume a curse ate you, and we both know that would never be possible."

"obachan, i think you are too confident in my abilities."

she merely chuckled.

grabbing your haori, you disappeared into the night.

sukuna was bored. as he sat atop his throne of bones, a single finger tapped idly against his cheek. he was so bored that he decided to leave his domain palace and venture off for an evening hunt. the forest was dense yet not so much that he was unable to sense the village full of humans down below. it was then that his senses caught the pull from another's soul.

eager to hunt whatever poor human had wandered out this unlucky night, sukuna started off in their direction.

you hand flew for your dagger before you could even think. it was as if he knew you would. the pink-haired curse had snatched the knife away from you in a mere two seconds. flustered, you resumed a stance you thought would be good for fighting – how would you even fight a being like him?

"and what's a little thing like you doing out here?"

"i was on a walk. please give my knife back."

sukuna went to inspect it only to be surprised. "this is made from one of my bones. it has been infused with my spiritual energy. why do you have it?"

"my obachan said it had been left with me as a child."

suddenly, a distant memory flooded into sukuna's mind. a little girl had somehow managed to wander into his domain. it was a curious little beast, one who did not seem afraid of him, instead marveling at how many arms he had.