Chapter 5

We were going through another idea when the room got quiet.

"What's going on?" I asked, looking at Malia who was closing her eyes and listening intently.

"Everyone get down!"

She shoved me to the ground. Covering my body with hers and Derek's huge glass window shattered. Iron Man and War Machine coming through.

The pack stood in front of me and Malia defensively. While Malia had covered me so I didn't get hurt. But before the window was completely shattered Derek grabbed my arm and pulled me out of the room faster than I could anticipate.

I heard them speaking and a roar that I knew was Malia behind but Derek wouldn't stop. He took me to a room I had never been in before and to a portrait that was moved to reveal a one-man elevator. "Go to the bottom, down there it's blocked from all tech and it's soundproof, nothing gets through it. I was really hoping that I wouldn't have to show you this but clearly, it's needed. They shouldn't be able to see the elevator. Now give me your hoodie." I did so quickly not questioning him, my breath coming out unevenly. "now go."

He helped me up and into it, and he flinched as he heard something from the other room. "Uh, thanks." He started to move to press the button, but I grabbed his arm. Looking back at the room. "Can you get my dad out of there?"

Derek nodded, a little impatiently and shut the door. Or the portrait, which I'm only now realizing was a picture of him and his family.

The confined space wasn't too bad, but being in the elevator with everything happening made me a little dizzy. There was a loud crash upstairs that made the elevator shake.

I braced myself on the walls, my breath catching in my throat. A few minutes later, the elevator stopped. And the fact that it was a few minutes meant that this place was really. Really deep.

I pushed on the wall in front of me and it opened. To reveal a huge, cavern-like room. With a small kitchen, along with a hallway that went who knows where. There were a few doors in the room. And I had a hard time taking it all in. This was probably why Derek built it here in the first place.

The first few doors had a food supply, a few bedrooms, and a small gym. But what was really cool was the room that had a natural-looking waterfall. Which led into a small clear lake.

I decided that exploring could wait. Sitting down next to the lake I leaned my head against the wall. I wouldn't leave this room until Derek or one of the pack came for me. I wish Malia would've come with me, or my Dad...

I paused at that thought. Then relaxed. He would always be my Dad. He raised me. Not Tony Stark, not Iron Man...

Change of View

We followed the dot on the map, it was moving at a speed that shouldn't have been possible for a human. Which meant my son was probably a werewolf. We saw the red below and moved towards it in a swift move. Werewolf or not, I needed to protect my kid.

I stopped in front of him, and Rodey behind. Vision flew in, blocking off the last possible escape.

"Mieczyslaw, stop!" I said, he was looking at the ground. But something was off, the hoodie seemed like it was straining. The body shape was that of a grown man, not my seventeen-year-old son. I shot another heat-seeking dart at him, but this one was a paralyzer. Not a sedative.

Pulling the hood down I let out an angry sigh. While the man on the floor just smiled up at me. Clearly not caring that he was paralyzed.

"Where is my son?" I said through gritted teeth.

"He isn't yours." The man spoke back calmly, the name Derek Hale showed up on my screen, as Jarvis 2.0 got the results.

"Look Derek, I know how much your friends, or pack may hate me for this. But I'm not stupid, and I'm not as cruel as you think. I'm doing this because someone wants to hurt him to get to me. I will not let that happen. Now tell me where my son is." I let my guard down a bit, showing how desperate I was through my words.