- Mating -

It was the day of the Tulkun's arrival. Everyone was playing in the water, either swimming with their soul brothers/sisters, or just having fun. Everyone, except Aonung.

Neteyam noticed the lack of Aonung's appearance ever since he left after the Tulkun's arrival. He called his Ikran to search with him above the water, but unfortunately, he couldn't find him. He had asked Tsireya, but even she hadn't seen him. Neteyam decided to land his Ikran, and look for him on land. 

After 30 minutes of searching, he made his way to Ranteng Utralti (The Metkayina's Eywa tree but ✨Under Water✨) on his banshee. Once there, he landed his Ikran, and called for his ilu based on some clicks he heard Aonung example when calling for them. He searched the bottom, with (one of those floaty things that give you air under water, because I can't FUCKING seem to find the NAMES for those DAMN BITCHES), and saw another one just sitting there. That must be Aonung. He got off of his ilu and he moved over the top 

He swam down quietly from his perch over him, then, slowly reached his hand out to Aonung. He gently put his hand on Aonung's shoulder, Aonung flinching, not even hearing or seeing him appear there. Then he turned to look at Neteyam.

Neteyam saw his face, and it was worse than he thought. He had deep eye bags under his eyes, the mid-sun showing the puffiness of his red under-eyes, glistening in the water. Neteyam gently turned Aonung toward him, and then, pulled him in close. Aonung, without hesitation, wrapped his arms around the so-called "Boy With Demon Blood" and let out body shaking sobs into the crook of Neteyam's neck. They both slowly went up to the surface, Neteyam gently started to undo Aonung's bun, and then combed his hands through Aonung's hair. They both lost the floaty things as they were going up. Neteyam called for his ilu, and it came right away. Neteyam felt Aonung move his braid to connect it with the ilu. The ilu dragged them both up to the surface and dropped them off on the sand. Aonung started to say something, but Neteyam didn't quite catch it.

"What?" Neteyam gently whispered.

"H-He's not here... my spiritual brother!" Aonung said, then grabbing on to Neteyam tighter, started to have heavy sobs escape his body.

Neteyam gently laid back into the rock while running his left hand up and down Aonung's back, while with his right, stroking through his curly hair. Neteyam heard Aonung's sobs die down, and he thought that it would be good to try to comfort him.

"I'm sorry, Aonung. I don't know how it feels to lose someone, but what can I do to make it bet-" but before Neteyam could finish his sentence, Aonung smashed his lips on to his. Aonung pulled away, but when Neteyam thought they were done, Aonung laid back into the rock, and put Neteyam in his lap.

"Actually, you could make it up to me, Net'," Aonung whispered into his ear. The way Aonung said "Net'" sent shivers down Neteyam's spine.

"H-How...?" Neteyam inquired. Aonung looked back at Neteyam.

Aonung then softly chuckled. Then he whispered into Neteyam's ear, "Well, since I don't have my soul brother, I'll need someone to speak to. Like, a mate."

Neteyam's eyes widened, a bright red covering his cheeks as he put a hand on Aonung's, and he looked hesitant, looking over his shoulder to see if anyone was watching. "D-Doesn't the mating process include... sex...?"

"Yes. So what does that mean, well, I want to have sex, with you to forever have you as my mate." As Aonung said this, he brought his hands on Neteyam's hips, and grinded Neteyam down on himself. 

Neteyam leaned over Aonung's shoulder and whimpered into his ear, his ears dropping.

"Do you want to help me feel better?" Aonung asked, stopping all movement.