The Bet

"Glad you made it." Hiccup said as he welcomed his guest inside the house.

"Of course I did Hiccup. Couldn't exactly ignore this invitation." Astrid, Hiccup's girlfriend, replied.

Hiccup Hayden Haddock is a nineteen year old apprentice blacksmith. He worked with his godfather, Gobber Belch in his company. Other than that he also had a secondary part time job as an accountant in his father, Stoick's antique trading company.

He dropped out of high school three years ago, after his graduation and had been focusing on his career for the past three years. And has been quite successful at that.

The nineteen year old already had a small two story house in his name. Along with a 1969 stingray that was a gift from his brother, Tim 'Toothless' Haddock. And Hiccup was preparing to open his own independent business.

Astrid, his girlfriend, was his childhood sweetheart. They were good friends ever since their childhood and got together in high school just one year before their final year. The eighteen year old girl was currently studying Social science at Isle of Berk University.

Due to her tight schedule it was hard for them to stay in contact even though they were in the same city. But since Astrid was having a summer break, they decided to utilize this break to spend time with each other. So, Hiccup had invited Astrid over to his place to hang out tonight.

"So, what are we doing?" Astrid asked as she hung her jacket in the coat hanger.

"How about pizza and gaming?" Hiccup suggested.

"Pizza and gaming? What are we, fifteen?" Astrid sarcastically said.

"Oh, uh, Ummm…" Hiccup struggled to come up with a reply but then Astrid giggled "Don't sweat it Dragon boy. I'm just messing with you. Pizza and gaming sounds fun." Astrid said.

"Oh, well great. What are we waiting for then?" Hiccup said before taking Astrid to the living room.

The living room was decently decorated with furniture and other decorations such as pictures, etc. Astrid sat down on the couch while Hiccup went to fetch the pizza from the kitchen. Minutes later Hiccup returned back with two homemade pepperoni and chicken pizza and some two bottles of honey mead.

He set down the food on the small table in front of the couch. And then went over to the TV that was set in front of the couch. He turned it on and hooked up his PlayStation with the TV. Once all the preparations were done, he joined Astrid on the couch and handed her a controller and kept one for himself.

They couple then spent the next few hours enjoying themselves, playing different games while they chatted, flirted and got updated with what's going on in each other's lives. Overall, both of them were having a good time.

Hiccup and Astrid were currently playing a First person shooter battle royal game. They were currently competing in a private match trying to beat each other. That's when suddenly an idea struck Astrid. A sly smile crept on Astrid's face as she thought about it.

"Hey Hiccup," Astrid suddenly called out "Wanna bet?"

"What?" Hiccup asked, confused.

"Do you wanna bet? You, me play a new match and whoever wins the next match will get to order around the loser for tonight and the whole next day. And the loser can't say no to their demands." Astrid explained.

"I don't think that would be a great idea…" Hiccup tried to decline the offer.

"Oh, and why would it be a bad idea? Are you afraid that I will beat you?" Astrid teased.