Chapter 23

Magnus's POV

Its been two days since I last saw my mate. And the entire time my wolf was going crazy. But I managed to calm him down by exercising and reassuring him we are going to meet her today. Besides today we have another meeting, she will be there as well. Happily I ate my breakfast and with my parents we went to the courtroom.

Once I entered through the door I noticed that the council members Atticus and Atthalia were standing in the lower area, where they put the suspects and such. Weird. Even both of them looked like they were scared. Scared of what? Both of them tried not to make eye contact with us. Even weirder. Freya and Serafina had arrived too. Once Serafina looked at the two council members her expression held sadness, fear or something else. I can't quite put it into words. Why do I have a feeling she knows what this meeting might be about.

She sat down next to me. My wolf finally was at ease. The rest of the council sat down. Still the two members were standing down.

"As we all know we had been searching for the lycan girl's parents. We couldn't find them. But in a few days, just yesterday our own members of the council had told us about them being the parents," Claudia spoke.

Wait. Her parents are Atticus and Atthalia? They are quite young. Was her birth a mistake of theirs? Most likely. There is no other way.

"As we all know the rules. Any relationship between the council members with each other is prohibited. By law we should punish them. But we decided not to do it. We are not monsters. They might have done it by alcohol or just a mistake in general. They are living beings and they make mistakes. Serafina is allowed to walk by herself around. She will be announced to our lands. So everyone knows of her. She shall live with us. We even got news as our crown prince Magnus Black is her mate. The lycan's parents are allowed to interact with each other. Fill in the lost time. And if you have any questions regarding this or other matters, say it now." she continued.

Well it surprised me that they didn't think of any bad or any punishment for them. But I did also notice that Serafina besides me, started to breath again. She knew it. For how long? Probably not long. I took my hand in hers. Rubbing circler motions to calm her down even more. Thought other royals started to question the council's decision on the matter of my mate's parents. Some did protest for there not to be a punishment. The council tried to reassure them that none of us are monsters. Its not the same century. Most likely bad punishment for such situation would have been decided like thousands of years ago.

Thankfully the Lightwoods asked a question to be discussed that wasn't related to the lycan parents or my mate. They were worried about their borders and the evil witch. Freya did say that the evil witch was in the black market when they cornered the witch and the vampire. The witch is close, maybe close in finally unfolding her plan for the last few times before the big storm. Many believe a way worse war is coming soon. With the evil witch, who has an army of vampires and witches on her side. Forced on her side.

We had lycans, werewolves, a vampire and a witch on ours. I know for a fact that if the war to happen, lycans will also join this time. While the matter was talked the Lightwoods mentioned that the evil witch has started to act a bit. She would put blood signs on house walls, they were messages. Most of the time they would say "War is coming, be prepared" or "soon" and more. We have no idea how much time we have but it seems not a lot. She will likely attack out of nowhere. Maybe even in the Capital. Which would be disastrous. She has magic, she has knowledge of it and can use it. We only have one witch and she is still learning.

Well from this meeting, we all know that training will be more intense. We havent had a war in about twenty years. Well a big one that is. General rogue attacks have always been a thing, but we never needed that many of warriors. Just the border soldiers are enough. No matter what is the goal of the evil witch, we won't let her win no matter what. Funny to think that rogues are nowhere involved in this mess. Lucky for them. After the meeting I got to my mate and asked her is she wanted to hang out with me today, until training this evening. She agreed. Finally she wa able to walk without Freya on her tail. Not that we both would ahem minded. First I took her to eat and after we went to the park.

"How long did you know about your parents?"

"I figured it out a few days ago. I was in a meeting with the council. At some point I looked closer through the members and connected the resemblance between and what's when I knew it. Well my parents made it that we would be left alone and thats the time they clarified it. Since then they took their time to gather enough courage to tell the other members. I havent talked to them since the meeting of us three talking"

So even for her it was still fresh. But I think she tries to hide her emotions. I dont like that but I won't push her. We walked in silence. But eventually sat down on a bench. I pulled her closer to me. She rested her head on my shoulder. There weren't that many people in the park. It was in the middle of the week so many were at work.

"We should really hang out more," I said.

"I agree. But I think we mostly will have time after or before training. I do not know about your extra training as a royal, but I am free, other than the training."

We talked further more. I was mostly telling things. About my childhood. I had some fun stories to tell from that time of my life. Mostly because they are funny and some are still embarrassing. Nonetheless I told her most of them. She really was listening to me and laughing occasionally. Just seeing her laughing and smiling made me really happy. The moon goddess blessed me with the most perfect second chance mate I could ever wish and ask for.

She noticed that I zoned out and was smiling like an idiot.

"Is everything ok?"

"Yeah. It just that I am very happy that you are my mate," and with that I leaned in and kissed her passionately. We didn't pull away for a long time. But had to eventually for catching our breaths. Then just walked around the park. We got coffee and a muffins to eat. Then just continued our little walk and our bonding until the sun started to descend down. And as sadly as it was we had to part our ways to go to our homes. We kissed a goodbye kiss and went our ways.