Another Day at School.

Kiara was sitting over at the picnic tables with her friends. Mind you, the picnic tables were her territory, where she hung out with her friends every day. The lesser known, less-popular kids started calling it "Kiara's Kingdom", as Kiara was the future queen of Spain.

Now, the Lionclaws have always been the school's most popular family. An issue with being part of the most popular family was that you were friends with half the school, but they don't like you for who you are and only care about your popularity.
This was the case with Kiara's friends.

Kiara's friends looked around at each other, shooting a glance at Kiara every now and then. The three girls all had evil smirks, their teeth and claws out. Kiara was starting to get suspicious of her friends, they were glancing at her, looking around at each other, nodding heads, evilly smirking, claws out.

What were they gonna use them for?
Why were they doing this?
Were they gonna attack her?
Were they gonna convince her to kill someone?
Were they forcing her to be the next Isabela, or school murderer?

The 3 girls stood up, so Kiara did too. It wasn't until the 3 girls started growling did Kiara know what they were up to. The three girls were growling, slowly walking towards Kiara, teeth out. Kiara started walking backwards, whimpering.
She had no fighting experience.

The 3 girls had gotten Kiara against a wall, and started attacking her. Slashing her, leaving fatal wounds, emotionally hurting her, bruising her. Other kids were watching. They wanted to do something, but knew the 3 girls would kill them as well.

Kiara ran over to Corey and his friends, hiding behind him, crying. Kiara's friends had followed, but once they saw Corey they began acting innocent.

"Oh, Coredence, thank goodness you found her! She had a hoooorrible run-in with the twins." Lana, the oldest, had said in her teachers-pet voice.

Corey turned to Kiara hugging her.
"Again?" He said, letting her cry into his chest.

Kiara looked up, shaking her head. Her face and shirt were stained with blood and tears.

"Was it Mariano? Cass? The four of them?" He asked, ready to kill someone.

Kiara shook her head, crying harder. She pointed at her friends, her arm shaking.

"Oh, god." Mana, the youngest, said. She went to run away, but Lana held her back.

Corey had let go of Kiara, flinging out his claws. Kiara had hidden behind one of Corey's friends, knowing what was about to happen.

Corey picked up Lana by the shirt, giving her a death stare.

"Touch her again and you'll feel double the pain you gave her.."
,
Lana nodded, whimpering. Corey threw her down on the ground, sprinting over to Kiara as The Trouble Trio scurried away.

As a result of her childhood, Kiara had a horrible fear of blood and knives. She started panicking once Corey flung out his claws, her panic attack worsening as she saw a bleeding wound on her arm.

Corey hugged her again, not caring his shirt and jacket were now covered in Kiara's blood. He tried everything to try and calm her down, but nothing worked. Finally, he realized that it was Kiara's birthday and that he had her present in his locker.

He dragged Kiara over to the lockers, leaning Kiara against hers. He rummaged around his locker, trying to find it. He exclaimed, holding it in Kiara's face.

Kiara hesitantly grabbed it, but she was shaking so much that she almost dropped it. She finally managed to get the lid off. She let out a soft gasp, she seemed to have stopped trembling but was still in the middle of a panic attack.

In the box was the male lion plushie her mother gave her when she was 2, 16 years ago, that the twins and Mariano threw in water, mud, piles of leaves, ran over on the road, stomped all over it, and Mariano sliced it in half with his claws. Apparently, Corey was pretty good at sewing.

Kiara took it out of the box. It looked good as new! Almost as if it was only given to her yesterday. She hugged Corey, kissing him. She had immediately calmed down once she hugged her lion toy.

Suddenly, Kiara stumbled around, starting to feel dizzy. She had to lean against Corey, and seemed to be in a lot of pain. Corey closed and locked his locker, shoving everything in it. He swooped Kiara up and carried her to the nurse, damsel-in-distress style.

Of course, the nurses immediately started treating Kiara, being worried about their future queen. Kiara had passed out from blood loss in the middle of it, worrying Corey. The nurses let him stay as they treated her, but the nurses were getting worried. They needed a miracle.

Corey immediately stood up and kissed Kiara, tears of worry forming in his eyes. It took Kiara at least 5 minutes to slowly wake up, wincing as she sat up. She tried to stand, but fell back onto the bed as she was so weak. Corey and the four nurses insisted she stay in bed, and Kiara didn't really have a choice. The bell went, and Corey had to go. Kiara lay in the bed in the nurse's office, asleep the rest of the school day. Corey gently shook her to wake her up.

Kiara looked at him with a faint, wryly smile. She was still quite weak, Corey had to carry her damsel in distress style to their dorm, and gently placed her in her bed. He climbed in and gave her extra affection, trying to be careful as her wounds and bruises still hurt.

Meanwhile, the news of what Lana, Rana, and Mana did spread like wildfire. The 3 girls lost all their friends, going from #3 on the list of popular families to the very bottom, #12. Nobody liked them, or even talked to them after what they did to Kiara.