chapter 6

steve harrington's pov:
of course this would be the way i start the morning of my first day of school. with a guy who literally wants to kill me. he quickly lets go of my bag and gives me a little shove, causing me to stumble forward. as soon as i stabilize myself, i turn around and face billy. he's just smirking at me. god i hate that stupid fucking smirk. i decide that i am going to be the bigger person, because i really don't want to deal with this petty drama. i put on my biggest, fakest, 'king steve' smile that i can.

"i am SO sorry billy. how could i forget. good fucking morning." okay now listen. i was going to be the bigger person but that stupid ass smirk. i couldn't contain my annoyance.

he lets out a laugh, seems to be a genuine laugh. who the fuck even is this guy. "damn harrington, i really get under your skin don't i?" he says looking me up and down.

"yes, you get on my nerves. okay? now please let me go to class." i turn on my heels and walk away from him, not even sparing him a second glance. not giving him the time to say anything else smart.

as soon as i enter the school building, i head straight to my locker. i grab my books and set my book bag into my locker. i head to my first class which is... physics. oh god. i hate physics, it's the worst combination: math AND science. literally torture. however, i love our teacher, she's a sweetheart... a little scatterbrained, but she means well. i also have this class with nance, she's so good at physics, god she's good at everything school related. i walk into the room, and realize that nancy is already seated by her friend jessie. which is weird, we always sit by each other, or at least we did. i decide on taking the seat right next to nancy and jessie's lab table. jessie gives me a sweet smile, but nancy hasn't even looked at me yet.

"hey nance" i say giving her a wave.

"oh! hi, umm hey steve" she says waving a hand, frantically tucking her hair behind her ears.

"nance, what's up? did something happen?" i ask, giving her a worried glance. my questioning causes her to look even more panicked and before she gets a chance to answer, we are interrupted by ms. dawn walking into the room.

"hello students, how was everyone's summer?" she says cheerfully, clasping her hands together. students continue to filter in, for it is getting closer to class to starting. i look back over at nancy, hoping to resume our conversation, but she won't even look at me. students are taking their seats, sitting by their friends, but no one is sitting by me yet. i wish robin was in this class.. i don't have any other close friends in this class, besides nancy, but obviously we aren't sitting by each other. the bell rings and ms. dawn begins to speak, talking about what we are going to do this school year.

"alright class, so today we're just going to be doing some—" she was cut off by the door swinging open. and of course. of course billy would be in this class.

"this is.. this is physics right?" billy asks staring at his schedule with a confused look on his face.

"oh you must be the new student billy hargrove! principal wilkins did inform me i would be having a new student in my class, but it must've slipped my mind!" oh, so his last name is hargrove. good to know.

he looks up at her with a flirty smile. god this guy has way too much confidence. "yep, that would be me mrs..?" he starts looking her up and down. does he have no self respect? flirting with the teacher, in front of the whole class.

ms. dawn goes red in the cheeks and lets out a nervous chuckle "oh umm no, it isn't mrs, it's ms. ms. dawn"

"good to know." he says sending a wink her way.

"oh okay umm so everyone this is billy, he is a new student here. billy would you like to tell the class something about yourself?"

"no thanks." he says flatly.