21. bad music taste

power sighs and pets pochita as she watches movies with denji in his room. "denjiiiii," she pokes his cheek, "i'm bored." he pushes her hand away, "shut up, i don't care. i'm texting my gir- uh, friend. i'm texting my friend from class."

she just smirks, "your girlfriend, eh? you finally grew some balls to date her?" he just shakes his head in denial, "we aren't dating." he mumbles, staring at his phone. "yeah, okay whatever. is she busy? can you invite her over? you're boring. not even watching the movie."

"i already asked her." he mumbles, a small smile gracing his cutie patootie features. "and? what did she say?" she rolls her eyes, "she said yeah," he zones out again, continuing to text someone, who power is 100% sure is you, on his phone.

"yay! when is she coming?" she asks, hoping for an answer but being met with silence. "helloooo? denji?" she is cut off when the doorbell rings. "i'll get it!" denji calls out, "nonono!! i wanna get it!" power yells as they race out of the room to open the door.

you stand outside, fidgeting your fingers nervously. when the door slams open, your eyes widen. "oh hey, denji! and power!" you grin and watch as denji tries to catch his breath after fighting power for the door. his face flushes and he waves, slowly turning around as power smacks his back.

"why are you so shy now?" she teases, "you were just fighting me to get lost so you and your girlfriend can hang out." he punches her shoulder to which she stomps on his feet. "shut up." power rolls her eyes and opens the door wider, "you can come in by the way." you chuckle at their antics and place your shoes neatly by the door.

you take off your sweater and hang it up nicely along with your purse. "so what did you guys wanna do?" 

power jumps onto the couch as denji grabs snacks, "we can listen to music." he suggests, shrugging as he brings the food to the coffee table in front of the couch. "not your playlist, it's so ass." power snickers, as you pet meowy and pochita.

"oh my god i remember you were telling me that at the arcade!" you exclaim as she nods excitedly. "you know what we should do?" you start slowly grinning, "help him fix it?" she jumps up, "yeah!"

"wait what are you guys talking about?" denji says, "we," power points between you and her, "are going to fix your music taste." he frowns, "what's wrong with it?"

you and power stare at each other before looking back at him. "everything."

"damn.. it's not even that bad, all i do is play tyler the creator on repeat." you frown, "i thought you said he listened to justin bieber."

denji laughs, sitting beside you. "please, last time i listened to him was when i was 13." power snorts, "has it really been that long? but i remember you asked some high schooler out with his song playing on the speaker you stole from aki." you cackle, "you stole from aki?" he nods, "i got yelled at for dropping it in the fish pond and ruining it too."

"he broke everything that he stole from aki." power says. "nuh uh! remember i took his hat to school?" denji replies, "the one you lost?" power counters, and gets met with silence from denji's end. 

"yeah, that's what i thought. stay quiet, whore." power snickers, "anyways get your laptop out with spotify, it's easier to use there." he just rolls his eyes and walks into his room to get it.

when he comes back you and power are discussing some drama that happened at power's class earlier that day. "here," he hands over his macbook to power. "you idiot, unlock it." he just rolls his eyes, "it's pochita's birthday." she nods, "so what's pochita's birthday?" she smiles.

denji just grabs the laptop, quickly types in his password and boom, it's unlocked. "here." he groans, handing the mac back and laying on your thighs. you smiled softly down to him and played with his hair.

"so you two dating yet?" power grins, scrolling through his spotify. "none of your business." denji grumbles, "i was actually asking your bae, thank you very much." you cough nervously, pinching denji's cheek as a cry for help.

"shut up, we haven't talked about it yet." denji says, getting the hint. "oh for real? you'd think after having your tongues down each other's throat you would say at least something about the situation between you two." 

"we have!" you exclaim, "just not about the dating thing.." trailing off, you watch as pochita licks his paw. "yeah.. also it's none of YOUR business, bitch."

"shut up, your music taste is lame." she shows the laptop to you, "man, how? we literally have the same taste."

"nuh uh," she says.

"yuh uh."

"nuh uh."

"yuh uh."

"it's actually not even that bad, and he's right, you guys basically have the same taste. you both listen to tyler the creator, kenderick lamar, tupac, sza, brent faiyez, kali uchis, frank ocean, steve lacy and stuff." denji sits up, "see! i told you!"

you keep going through his playlist and one of them is listed as "😈" and when you click on it, it reveals a whole playlist filled with kpop. you start snickering, "huh, what is it?" they ask. when you turn the laptop to power she immediately starts laughing at him.

"HAHAHA!!! i knew you had a secret!" he rolls his eyes, "hot and sexy people listen to kpop." you pat his back, "you're right." denji's face flushes of pink and red hues and turns away. "see, even your bae agrees with me."

"how could you do this to me!?" power exclaims. "im sorry it has to be this way." you joke, reaching for her hands, "i love you more than i like him!" denji pulls you back into his chest before he mumbles, "nuh uh, say you like me more!"

"eww get your crusty flirting asses somewhere else. this is gross for me to see." denji just snickers, "your just mad you don't have anyone who likes you." he sticks his tongue out. power smacks his head, "shut up, whore."

author's note:

HEY GUYS IM BACK (im not)

it's so super mega hard to type with long nails. that's why this took so long 🤗🤗 (im lying)