Chapter 25 - Country Type

Chapter 25: Country Type

 “I told you I’d beat you,” Rayne said as we exited the place, discussing how he cut us off in the track, using very animant movements with his hands. I rolled my eyes but grinned and shoved him a bit, “That’s only because you totally cheated and rammed into our car-bumper,”

  He opened his mouth, appalled, “I would not—could not dare to do such a thing Samantha. How dare you accuse me of such?”

  Tristan rolled his eyes and shoved Rayne from the other side, “Come on, you yelled ‘Take that suckers,’ when you rammed into the back of the little lady with her kid. You’re evil on the track…” Rayne eventually just grinned easily.

  After the ride I had actually gotten into it, and had been the one demanding to go laser tagging; but it’d been just our luck that the place was overfilled with a family party of thirty. A thirty kid party seemed a bit much, don’t you think? But apparently birthday parties weren’t like they used to be where you had your best friend and the other friend who tagged along with you all the time, now you invited your whole grade. “What about swimming?” I offered, throwing out something to do.

  Both Rayne and Tristan looked at me like I was crazy, and I just shrugged, “What?”

  “You do realize that its easily ten degrees out, the lake is probably frozen. And you, the person who hates cold more than anyone on the face of the planet, want to go swimming?” Rayne said, a hand on my shoulder, looking me in the eye seriously. Shaking him off, I stepped ahead of them, walking towards the car, “I’m being serious, I feel like I’m running a temperature of 108. Its like I’m burning from the inside out…” I said, even taking off the light jacket they had forced on me.

  But all too quickly Rayne’s hands were there, putting the jacket up, “No you don’t,” I growled but he zipped up the zipper quickly. “Even if you were running a so called temperature of a ‘108’, you still could get pneumonia,” with emphasis he pulled the hood over my head, taking away my vision.

  Roughly I tugged the hood off, scowling at both of their faces, “So what’s your guys’ brilliant ideas?”

  They looked at each other, and then back at me, “Ice cream?” Rayne offered.

  That, was something I could deal with.

  The Ice cream place was only a few miles down the road, and we drove in the truck once again to get there, it took a lot of fighting about me wanting Tristan to have to sit in the back of the truck with the wind and all. But as always I ended up smooshed in the middle, but at least I had the upside of knowing I would be getting something out of it.

  “So you think this will cool me down some?” I asked, trying to turn on the air conditioning but my hand was swatted away. “How are you guys not going crazy in the warmth of this cab?” I asked throwing my hands in the air.

  Tristan looked at me curiously, and all of a sudden his hand was on my forehead. In a desperate attempt to get him away from me so I didn’t go totally insane in his presence, I tried to grab his wrist and twist it away from me. But instead my hand met empty air, his hand already back at his side, with a smug grin on his face. “Well, usually werewolves don’t run as high of a temperature as you are now, we are much cooler, only slightly above normal human temperature.” He pointed out, and I did recall the slight coolness of when his hand met my head.

  “So… it’s the full moon thing?” I asked, trying to stay cool in my mind, it would come back to this eventually so I couldn’t let myself go all depressive whenever it was brought up. Tristan nodded and reached across me, switching the radio station.