Big Run Begins

Sonic, Tails, Amy, Knuckles, Shadow, Silver, and Blaze have returned to Earth to hang out in Splatsville. It has been months since they returned since Silver's funeral. Agent 3 was gonna catch up with the others later.

"I still can't believe Solaris brought you back, Silver." Tails said.

"Yeah. Me either. But I guess we were all surprised." Silver said.

"Yeah." Blaze said. "I missed you, Silver."

"I missed you too, Blaze." Silver said.

"Now that we're on that subject... There was also something else Solaris told us." Shadow said.

"What did he tell you guys?" Knuckles asked.

"It's about... Mephiles." Sonic replied, swallowing the lump in his throat just trying to say his name. "He's still alive."

"What?!" Tails, Amy, Knuckles, and Blaze said shocked.

"But, that's impossible!" Amy said. "You guys destroyed him."

"We only destroyed his body. He hid his soul in his emerald when we destroyed him." Silver said. "At least that's what Solaris told us. But the good news is, he can't get out on his own."

"Thank god for that. Hey, guys." Agent 3 said, running to the others.

"Agent 3! Good to see you again." Silver said.

"It's good to see you too. But, is it true? Mephiles is still alive?" Agent 3 said.

"It's true." Shadow said.

It was then the citizens of Splatsville were rushing over to see the emergency news cast Deep Cut was doing.

"What's going on with..." Silver said, as he and the others rushed over to the broadcast.

"I repeat. Splatsville is under attack by the Salmonid!" Shiver reported.

"Ay! All citizens of Splatsville are ordered to stay indoors until the situation has deceased." Big Man said.

"We'd better board up the studio!" Frye said, in panic.

"Well said, Frye! Until next time... Catch ya later!" Shiver said, as the broadcast cut to a close.

Sonic and the others were shocked to find out that Splatsville in under attack.

"Wait a second. Isn't that the same Salmonid that Agent 3 has for a pet?" Blaze said.

"Yes. But these are a much bigger threat." Knuckles said.

"There was only one person who hired people like us to take them out." Tails said.

"Mr Grizz." Agent 3 said.

"And it looks like his business grew to Splatsville." Shadow said, pointing over to the Grizzco building. "We don't have a choice here. We must go into Grizzco and work for Mr Grizz to protect the city."

"Shadow's right. The enemy of our enemy is our friend." Sonic said. "Let's go."

Sonic, Tails, Amy, Knuckles, Shadow, Silver, Blaze, and Agent 3 entered the Grizzco building to prepare for the Big Run against the Salmonid.

(\\// Grizzco Inc.; Splatsville \\//)

Sonic and the others were in shock a little, since the last time they were working for Mr. Grizz, was to participate in the Splatfest.

"Things have definitely changed for Grizzco a bit since Mr Grizz was defeated." Knuckles said.

"Yeah. It's been a long time since we worked for him." Tails said.